No Left headlight pod power...

NTPA Announcer

We came home from a pulling weekend and as I got out of the truck, I noticed we had no power to the drivers side headlight pod... Oh well, I'll take a look....Never did find it. Shut the truck off and now it will not start. Plenty of crank, and I'm also getting a check light at the automatic shifter pad ( two pedal auto )Did the diagnostic test and it says ,high and low beam lossof power and

check engine ecu Can anyone please shed some light on this. ?

Thank you in advance !

Denver and Ms Judy Geitgey

2006 VOLVO 780

41 ' Redwood

NTPA Event Announcer

dngeitgey@gmail.com

event.png

No power to the headlight pod as in none of the lights (side marker, turn signal, etc.) on it working? If that's the case, the only wire that's common to all of them is the ground, which goes back to a firewall-mounted stud. All of those functions are controlled by the LCM though.

Given what you've described, I'd bet that one of the grounding locations is failing--it would take some study of the wiring diagrams to identify which grounding point is common to those functions--ECM, LCM, and transmission. The fact that you're cranking fine probably means that the battery and battery cable are OK.

What are you showing for voltage on the display? I'm not sure exactly where that's measured, but I'd be surprised if it isn't using the same circuitry that supplies power to one of the computer modules (most likely VECU??).

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

Archived