House up for sale Feb., then as soon as it sells full time, here we come.

Believe

Been discussing this opportunity for years. Now that both my parents have passed, we are starting our sort, toss, donate, sell work. Boy it is work! But house goes on market Feb 1st then when we sell, we have put deposit on seasonal here for summer as have to be 5 months her for medical coverage, then will go south, probably AZ first time. Now that we have decided, i want to go now, not next year!

Cindy, Murray and Allie our 3 yr old fur baby.

Just keep working as the result is well worth the effort! Look for things to take with you that serve more than one purpose. You will be amazed by the freedom you have once you are released from the slavery to your possessions. :D

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

It will be here before you know it and well worth all the work. I have worked the past 3 months getting my house ready to put on the market. It goes on this week and I bought my first RV a month ago. I also had a time frame like you have and it will happen.

Yes guys, it can be done! We went through the same process, (could not believe we had all that stuff). My advice, given to us, clean out one room at a time and shut the door. Be ruthless, if it wont fit in the 300-400 square feet if your rv, it goes. Best wishes to you both in your travels.

Carl

Thanks all. Yes have lot to sort ect but it will get done. Good luck on your journey too Catrobin!

Not only should you consider the space that each thing requires, but of even greater importance is the weight. Remember that it is very easy to overload even the largest of RVs. Also consider weight distribution in the placement of those things which you will put into the storage that you have. If you have not done so, you would be wise to get an accurate weight of the RV on each wheel if possible and if not that at least on each axle and then each side. By doing so you can know where the available weight capacity is located in your RV and adjust the location of things to evenly distribute that weight. We used a bathroom scale to weigh things as we were sorting in order to compile actual weights before we began to load. You might be surprised by the amount of weight that most people have in clothing. By getting the weight of a few empty containers, that allowed us to put combinations of things into them which were roughly the size of the storage space we planned to use, and then get a good idea of the amount of weight being added to each storage space. Weight distribution is nearly as important as total weight.

While doing this takes some time, it can be fun too and very informative. In the first year or two, nearly everyone discovers that they have taken more things than they use. It is inevitable that you will find a few things not taken that should have been, but taking too much is far more common. When we were fulltime, I used to weigh the RV at least annually on a truck scale and every three years I'd get all wheel weights. For the first three years our total weight went down each year and when I weighed the last time before moving back to a home-base our gross weight was nearly 500# less than it was 11+ years before as we hit the road.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Got the call from my real estate agent today, closing is tomorrow. And then a couple more Dr. appointments and I out of here for good.

I've been working on getting this house ready for market for the last 6 months. South Dakota here I come. And then it's south to southern Nevada for the winter.

Mankind was made to be nomadic.

That old man, he don't think like no old man.

"I thought I was wrong one time, but I was mistaken." Command Sergeant Major

"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."

Archived