AC Fan keeps running

Coleman Mach ac. The fan runs when in the off position, auto and manual mode. It worked for couple of trips but we turned it on in the driveway and cooled the rig. The fan stayed on. have tried un plugging it a couple of times but when I plug it back in the fan runs again.

dual electrical system error?

I'm not sure just what you are asking, but the thermostat and control circuit in the a/c are operating on 12V-dc from your RV electrical system. When you say that you unplugged it, what do you mean that you unplugged? Was it the connector plug to the thermostat? Does the fan operate even with the thermostat plug removed and it out of the system? Have you tried removing all 120V-ac power from the a/c unit? Do all other thermostat functions operate properly?

Before you go too far in your trouble shooting, visit the website of Bryant RV and download a copy of the service manual for the unit that you have. He has manuals for 4 different Coleman models.

Okay, I pulled the fuse on in the Thermostat, waited a bit, put it back in. The fan still runs.

Kirk; The AC Operates fine and cools the rig. When the temperature reaches it goal the compressor turns off but the fan continues to run. Switching to the off setting does not shut down the fan and it continues to run. The only way I have been able to shut the fan off is to unplug the AC power.

Archived