Looking to buy those new Elements Tire Covers for wheels.

I have been on hold for over 30 minutes (twice now) at the 800# for Camping World.

Just got their new catalog, and the tire covers advertised there say "New! Elements Tire Covers, 4-Pack"

They secure with vinyl strap and hook-and-loop fasteners. The covers we had on the wheels blew off over the winter, and when we

uncovered it, three covers were gone. Therefore, we are looking for ones that secure behind the wheels so this won't happen again.

I have checked their www.campingworld.com website, and they are not listed there anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated! BTW, just so the covers have a way to secure them behind the wheels, it doesn't need to be "Elements" brand.

Bob & Kathy

Class of 2013 (so is our daughter!)

Will travel with our retired greyhounds

Try these. http://www.magneshade.com/MagneShadeProducts#Tire Shades (you have to watch the video). We are really happy with them and I can't see the wind being an issue. You tell them your tire size and they only fit that size tire, which might be a disadvantage and it also makes them cost more.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Thanks Bill! Will check those out.

I got so frustrated with this issue, that I called The Good Sam Club. They contacted Camping World, and CW got back to me within 1/2 hour!

They told me that the reason I was not able to order is because they don't have them yet. !!! Anyway...they promised to let me know when they

come in. So, in the end, I am very happy with Good Sam Club, but not entirely thrilled with Camping World. Their 800# seems nonfunctional to me.

Just wanted to let ya'll know what I found out with CW!

Bob & Kathy

Class of 2013 (so is our daughter!)

Will travel with our retired greyhounds

If you go to the cw website and search "tire covers" you will find all sizes of the "Ultra Tyre Gard" covers. I have 4 for our 22.5" tires that I have used for apx 12 years now. They come with bungees that got around the back/bottom of the tire. I used my awning rod to easily pull the bungee around to fasten it. But I quit using the bungees when I realized the covers fit tight enough on their own. Only once has a cover been loosened by strong winds, and it did not come entirely off.

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

I just purchased and installed these on my MH: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00405056A

They look good and have a Velcro strap for holding them in place. They also have the usual grommets for bungee cords if the winds get too strong for Velcro alone in south Texas! :D

These are the "bus" size which is what is recommended for 22.5" wheels. They are a bit on the large size, but I'd rather have them larger than smaller. This way I can easily get the elastic properly positioned on the back side without having to stretch them. It was the stretching that did in my previous set of covers. The plastic is rather soft and supple and looks like it might have a chance of lasting for several years. I got ~4 years out of my last set which is about all you can probably expect of them.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

You tell them your tire size and they only fit that size tire, which might be a disadvantage and it also makes them cost more.

Yikes, they look nice, but they are several times the price of what I just bought. I could throw mine away every two years and it would be years before we reached breakeven.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

I have the regular old tire covers but use a 72 in. bungee to go all around the cover & tire. This size bungee gives the right amount of stretch for my tires and by hooking the bungee on the front, makes it easy to install.

2006 Coachmen Aurora 36ft. Class A motor home. 2009 Honda CRV toad. "Snowbirds" apprx. 6 mos. each year. Travelling to the SW each winter than returning to Wi. each summer. Retired and enjoying our travels along with Buddy the cat.

Yikes, they look nice, but they are several times the price of what I just bought. I could throw mine away every two years and it would be years before we reached breakeven.

For me they are worth it. It only takes a few minutes to put them on and they come off even faster.

The type you have would be very hard to get on our front tires, since we have little clearance when the air bags are deflated. I had the other kind of tire covers and only put them on when we stayed a long time, since it was more hassle to put them on by laying on the ground to hook them.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Archived