Power Pedestals

Further to another discussion, and many questions regarding EMS, let's see your worst examples of power distribution equipment. From questionable looking equipment, to horrible meter readings, to just general weirdness. I'm not looking for locations, or dates, more just a general ATC kind of "chit-chat". My worst example, to date, is below. It was in an older county type park, with older attempts at expansion/overflow. This was in Canada, so NEC doesn't apply in the photo, but CEC is almost identical. Bonus points for total code violation code, but be warned. There's more violations at this pedestal than can be seen in 1 photo.

DSCF0478_zpso2oarxes.jpg

Edit to add: Little Red eu2000i worked overtime to power our 5th, and Mom's smaller Bigfoot. There was no way I was plugging into that mess, even though meter readings were normal under no load.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Seen a lot worse than that. Should have taken a picture.

Me too. The worst one was a box that had been literally ripped off the post (someone forgot to unplug before driving away?) and hanging by its wires. It had been that way for a while as evidenced by the rust around the mounting holes. I was supposed to use it at my campsite. RV park reviews got an earful over that one.

I grabbed this shot of the power pedestal conduit after a heavy rain storm at a park in Central Bridge, NY a couple of years ago.

qpOhCI0l.jpg

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Archived