50 amp cord

jdhm

Marinco is the common one. You don't state why you need a new cord. They don't usually wear out. Ends can be replaced if they are no longer serviceable. If you simply lost yours you will need to ascertain what type of connection is on the coach and duplicate that. A little more info would help.

Rich

They are all the same

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

post-47573-0-26455700-1430266943_thumb.jpg jd, you state "I need a new 50 amp cord for my National Sea Breeze. Do all 50 amp cords have the same coach connector or are there many types?"

When you say "coach connector" do you mean your cord is separate (NOT hard wired to RV) and your RV has what I call a "Power Inlet"???

If so, does the RV end look like this picture????

That RV Female cord end is a Marinco or Hubbell 50 Amp 3 Pole 4 Wire Grounding locking type with a weatherproof boot.

The Male Plug that fits into the parks 50 amp Power Pedestal is a NEMA 14-50P straight blade (non locking) 3 Pole 4 Wire Grounding Plug.

The typical cords are 4 stranded copper conductors, three 6 Gauge (L1, L2 & Neutral) and one 8 Gauge (Ground)

If you have a cord you could purchase and install these two ends or whichever one you need.

BUT THE RV END HAS TO OBVIOUSLY FIT YOUR RV POWER INLET which may or may not be the Marinco or Hubbell many use, I'm not there so I just cant say for sure.

I would look at your RV end (Power Inlet) for part numbers or NEMA classifications and all you have to do is match it which a local electrical supply house or an RV shop should be able to provide.

Here are a couple on Flea Bay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/35-foot-50-amp-Marine-RV-Power-Cord-with-Hubbell-Twist-Lock-Connector-Detachable-/291374788323?hash=item43d74a6ee3&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/twist-lock-locking-RV-power-cord-detachable-connector-50-amp-hubbell-marinco-/261647240946?hash=item3ceb640ef2&vxp=mtr

Best I have to offer not knowing what you actually have.

John T

post-47573-0-41556600-1430267866_thumb.jpg

They are all the same

This is incorrect. They are not all the same. There are a couple of different styles for the RV side of the cord. You need to make sure you get the style that matches your RV.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I stand corrected. Never seen the new style 50 A marine connector on an RV with 3 terminals. I have always had the 4 terminal twist unit for 50 A.

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

I would recommend making your own supply cord using 6/4 SOOW cord. It is soooo much more flexible than most off the shelf power cords that I have seen. I made one for myself and when my camping friends saw it most of them wanted one also. I have found that a 35 foot cord works best for me. JMO. Charlie

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

I would recommend making your own supply cord using 6/4 SOOW cord. It is soooo much more flexible than most off the shelf power cords that I have seen. I made one for myself and when my camping friends saw it most of them wanted one also. I have found that a 35 foot cord works best for me. JMO. Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Where would you go to find this cord (6/4 SOOW) ?

Thanks,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

In our town we have at least two electrical contractor supply stores. I doubt they stock 4 conductor 6 gauge cord and they might have to order it and perhaps minimum of 50 or even 100 foot rolls and I bet its very expensive. You might just try E Bay or Amazon etc for common 25 and 35 and 50 foot RV 50 amp cords maybe??? much cheaper then if you have to buy the cord separately then both (or whichever ends you need) the plug and receptacle ends. I think some of those use three No 6 (L1, L2, Neutral) and a No 8 for the Equipment Grounding Conductor. Our Local Lowes has wire by the foot but I bet they don't stock 6/4 rubber cord. As previously mentioned, you just have to match the RV end with whichever Power Inlet you have.

John T

Archived