5th wheel front skirts

Gypsy Traveler

Hi everyone,

We will be parked for a while as we camp host. I'd like to get a front skirt for the 5er to keep some things out of sight. Do you buy a pre-made one? Is this a DIY item? Recommendations?

Thanks!

Christine

It's all fine and dandy until someone's marshmallow catches fire!

2015 Ford F-250 6.2L (She ain't diesel but she hauls ass!)

2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS

Http://www.5thwheelgypsy.blogspot.com

There is another topic on this around here that had some really good ideas for adding a track to the gooseneck and hanging a skirt from that, think it had part numbers and such too.

I'd be cheap and lazy, make a frame from PVC pipe and cover it with a white tarp.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

The thread with links to the skirt track and the other ideas is here: http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=116866

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

If your ever in the Gulf Shores area a lady there does custom skirts for the front of the fivers. She puts tracks on the fiver so all you have to do is slide the pieces of vinyl on. She puts a door where ever you want it and uses quality zippers and vinyl. She puts like a hem in the bottom of them so you can put a 1 1/4 piece of pvc so you can hold it down. She also has tabs sewed in for stakes. Quality work but not real cheap. Your looking at a little over $400 for it. To me its been very worth it and I would do it again if need be. It's a good place to put the bikes, the golf clubs, fishing gear, grill etc. I even bought a 4 tier plastic shelf that goes in there nicely for the small stuff if your staying for any length of time.

Warning.........she is a little slow on getting it done.

Here's her name and Internet address:

Y-Knot Canvas

www.canvasgirl.com

I do have a phone number but I don't know if that is proper on this website. PM me and I will give it to you. If it's not a problem with the website please let me know from a moderator and I will post a phone number.

I forgot to add that in doing this room she also makes a boot built right into the skirt that covers the pin box also. Also a real nice bag for storing it......all included in the price.

Dave

Dave & Linda

2011 Bighorn 3670

2000 Ford 7.3 PS diesel white and tan in color Now Fulltiming since May15, 2010

Semper Fi Marines!!

Thanks Dave. It will be a few years before we make it that direction.

I'll check out Camping World. Need something soon!

Thanks everyone!

It's all fine and dandy until someone's marshmallow catches fire!

2015 Ford F-250 6.2L (She ain't diesel but she hauls ass!)

2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS

Http://www.5thwheelgypsy.blogspot.com

Archived