TPMS Sensor Batteries Dead

To make sure the OP understand, TPMS stands for "Tire Pressure Monitoring System"; that's a description of the device, it's not a brand. Some systems have user-replaceable batteries, some require that sensors be returned to the manufacturer. In order to understand what you need to do, you need to know what brand of system you have.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

If your sensors are 8 years old and just now failing I ASSUME you have a Pressure Pro TPMS. IF THIS IS THE CASE I have recently purchased new sensors from L&S Safety Solutions. It's a good company from my experience. Greg http://www.tirepressuremonitor.com/

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

Better price from Vulcantire.com

The sensors will die at varying rates - I have 14 - so don't toss a good one. 10 of mine went on in 2004 and the other four in 2007 (when we bought the Newmar) and I just replaced a couple more this winter. Have not kept track, but I think a couple of the '07 ones are still working. Buy a half dozen sensors and replace as needed. You can tell when one is dying as the signal will become intermittent.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

Email : nathalie@pressurepro.us. They have a new monitor that works with the older sensors to provide much betterprotection. They also have by far the longest battery life of any of the aftermarket systems. They will replace sensors for $35/ea.

2005 Safari Simba 37PCT

Fulltimer - resident of Polson, MT

Mostly in CO, MT, NC & KW FL

USAF Retired

Archived