General question regarding posts

s106300

Why do some posts show up with a Star and others with a Bullet/Dot on the left? Any distinction. Is there some "cheat sheet" somewhere that explains all the symbols and acronyms? Enquiring Minds WANT to know ... :rolleyes:

2010 Volvo VNL 670 D13 500 HP Ishift - "THOR"

2016 DRV Elite Suites 38RSSA - "Freya"

2012 Smart For Two - "Loki"

Ron & Shelley Johnston, pilots

Toy, Nika, and Piranha, feline co-pilots and Demi-gods (at least if you ask them).

Dot, new posts there and you haven't posted to the topic.

Star, new and you have posted there.

List? I don't think so IP.Board seems to like secrets, couldn't even find a cheat sheet on Google.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

And for those who don't know it, "If you right click on the dot, star, topic, etc it should come up with a list of options such as 'open in a new tab, or open in a new window'. If you open the link in a new tab or window, you can come back to your original window without reloading the original tab or window. If you just click on the dot, star,topic, etc, the link you are going to replaces what you were looking at. Then when you use your back button to return, you reload the old link. Sometimes that old link has been updated and you wind up at a different place in that old link. Not to mention if you are on a slower connection, the time you spend waiting for the link to reload".

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

I must have something set different as I am not seeing this at all. Not that it is causing me any problem at all.

All I needed to notice this is post that I didn't notice it and waa-la, there it is smacking me in the face. It is like magic and has nothing to do with my stupid trifocals.

I log in so I can use the new content link (top right) which lists one or more pages of new posts. Hold down the CRTL key and click each dot or star which opens them in a new tab. Then I just switch to the first open tab, read it and close it. No back and forth or page reloading needed.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Archived