Thetford Aqua-Magic Style Plus toilet replacement

dsimpson

I just replaced my Thetford Aqua-Magic Style Plus toilet with the same model. My old toilet had the Water Saver option which is a hand sprayer with a hose that attaches to a tube on the bottom of the vacuum breaker. I removed the hand sprayer and hose from the old toilet and attached it to the new toilet. No water comes out of the sprayer. I unscrewed the sprayer nozzle from the hose and no water comes out of the hose. I inspected the old vacuum breaker and there is nothing but empty space between the water inlet to the breaker and the tube that goes to the sprayer hose. Now that the new toilet is installed, I cannot get to the vacuum breaker to check it out. What’s up?

Did you cut the tip off where the hoses attaches to the vacuum break? This allows the water to flow to the hose.

PS you'll find the bowl cleans a bit better than your old toilet. Also don't use any caustic or abrasive cleaners and your bowl seal with last a long, long time.

HTHs rockin'

'

'12 Excel Limitied 33ft GKE Full Timing '14 Chev 3500 CC DRW D/A named Bullet

Less than 30 minutes to get the correct answer. Thanks, rockintom. Right after posting this thread, I continued to search the internet and finally found a thread over at rv.net and a document at thetford.com that had the answer. I though I had been all over Thetford's website without finding anything. Before I could get back here and add that to my post, rockintom had beat me to the punch. The hose attachment tube, also called a hose barb, on the bottom of the vacuum breaker must have the tip cut off, just like a tube of caulking. A closer inspection of the old vacuum breaker shows that, indeed, the end of the hose barb had been cut.

The hose attachment tube, also called a hose barb, on the bottom of the vacuum breaker must have the tip cut off, just like a tube of caulking.

That allows the same vacuum breaker to be used in a toilet that has no sprayer. :)

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

And since the bowl wash down is a bit better than the older models.....and the cost of the sprayer is spendy.......the sprayer is not as popular as it used to be. We've just about beat this little issue to death!!!! :lol: Don't ya wish all the issues were this easy? rockin'

I see what you're saying when you buy it with the toilet.....the chrome one on ebay is pricey in my books....$52 for the chrome one......http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thetford-19289-Toilet-Water-Saver-Kit-Chrome-RV-Parts-/251667576879

I guess spendy is relative. rockin'

We opted for a new toilet, too. I was tired of repairing my Aqua Magic and just having to futz with it. Replaced it with a SeaLand 320. Best investment I have ever made in our RV. I also added a shutoff valve behind the toilet so It would be easier to clean it and the seals...... it is.

http://rvbuddsrvtech.blogspot.com/2013/08/new-toilet-for-tushy.html?utm_source=BP_recent

Hope this helps someone in the future.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

My Aqua-Magic gave me 7 years of full-time use so I stayed with that brand.

Our first one was the same as yours and it lasted almost 10 years. While it could have been rebuilt, the parts would have cost more than half of what a new Aqua-Magic was priced at and the job would have been much more work. Being basically lazy, I changed out the toilet. To me the rebuilding of a potty is rather "crappy" work! :rolleyes:

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I see what you're saying when you buy it with the toilet.....the chrome one on ebay is pricey in my books....$52 for the chrome one......http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thetford-19289-Toilet-Water-Saver-Kit-Chrome-RV-Parts-/251667576879

I guess spendy is relative. rockin'

I agree that's spendy if you need the chrome one, but Thetford's non-chrome sprayer is only about $30, and even cheaper, the $10 one from Home Depot works just as well.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Archived