Wireless Remotes for Winches

SuiteSuccess

I have the Warn M8000 winch on my truck and have been using the wired controller but my needs have changed and I may want to go to a wireless. The Warn product is over $120 but have seen some wireless controllers that are as cheap as $18 on Amazon (quality?) Are any of you using a good wireless remote that would work with my Warn but might be more economical?

I think the package available at the Auto supply house last summer had more than just the remote. I called Warn and the remote by itself was a lot less. You would have to get it to talk to the controller mounted in the truck.

Have you called Warn in Oregon directly? They were pretty helpful.

I have a Harbor Freight 5k winch with an add-on Harbor Freight remote. The remote always works but it has a slight delay in winch actuation and deactuation that I am not too too fond of. I have been using my wired extension more than the remote lately. I also use a turning block at the tow eye to slow the ramp speed of the Smart by one half. Charlie

Can't tell you about the remotes. But my 2 cents as I sit in the desert on top of a hill watching the sunset. After a long day of 4wheeling. I won't use a remote in a situation where I need the winch to turn on or off immediately. Love to see the video but hate for it to happen when the winch does not turn off and your car goes over the deck.

A picture me in front of my TV with the remote control constantly pushing the button to change the channel.

Archived