TOAD

tdugan

Honda Accords had been popular toads until Honda withdrew its endorsement of 4-down towing for anything but the CR-V. Remco is a pretty reliable site and I'd trust it if it was my decision. They make driveshaft disconnects and tranny coolers that they would have wanted to sell if they had a reason to say the car needed either. The fact that they didn't is pretty good evidence to me that they are confident there is no problem with towing it.

Joel, Remco sold off their driveshaft disconnect business a few years ago. The link I had for the new company no longer works, so I'm not sure about any current availability.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Joel, Remco sold off their driveshaft disconnect business a few years ago. The link I had for the new company no longer works, so I'm not sure about any current availability.

Thanks for that info; I never wanted to go that route, but I had assumed they were still a supplier. But that notwithstanding, I doubt any company would want to knowingly be providing advice that could come back to haunt them; lawsuits have been based on a lot less.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Thanks for that info; I never wanted to go that route, but I had assumed they were still a supplier. But that notwithstanding, I doubt any company would want to knowingly be providing advice that could come back to haunt them; lawsuits have been based on a lot less.

Oh, I absolutely agree with you on that. I'm sure they do their best to provide the most accurate info available.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Of course, my warranty is expired, so that's not a concern. But having to pay for tranny repairs/replacement sounds like an expensive risk. Is it a risk y'all would take?

That is a difficult thing to answer since I've not bee in that position. I don't really think that I would have much problem in doing so as long as it was a car that was no longer under warranty. I have seen a lot of them being towed and there was a time when Honda approved of it. It is said that the Civic has the same transmission as the CR-V that is approved for towing.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 1 month later...

I have a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. I upgraded to this when my 4wd Jeep Libery had over 100k miles. I couldn't be happier (so far). Easy to hook up, tow 4 down and disconnect. As far as I'm concerned, any 4wd Jeep is makes the best tow vehicle.

Archived