Website builder

My unlimited hosting account on 1&1 costs $9/month, and I "sublet" site space to others that pay me $25/month each on average, including basic site management. That's even better than free hosting for my bank account.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I use Bluehost for my blog. I did the math once and I think it works out to about $10 a month, but I'm very happy with the results and I make enough revenue through it to pay for the hosting several times over.

Becky

Life is too short not to spend it doing something you love.

• 3 months later...

I'm about to add a couple of Wordpress sites to my collection of sites I manage. I've decided to use Hostgator. It is a hard decision, because ALL of them have pros and cons. Any comments are welcome.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I roll my own server with Digital Ocean, but then again I'm a professional Front End Developer. :)

GoDaddy is crap. Namecheap for domains, 1and1 & Hostgator are good options. I've pretty much built half my career around WordPress, I recommend it to new comers. You can also roll a WordPress.com account with a custom URL if you don't want to host your own WordPress.org.

There's some good advice in that post.

The most important part is to "own" the website name. The best way to do that is buy your website "name" through a company like Namecheap.com

Once you own the website name then you can direct it's usage to whichever hosting company that you choose.

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

• 1 month later...

I'm about to add a couple of Wordpress sites to my collection of sites I manage. I've decided to use Hostgator. It is a hard decision, because ALL of them have pros and cons. Any comments are welcome.

I tried Hostgater and I just didn't like it at all. godaddy or domainspricedright. I have been using domainspricedright with no issues.

Donald, Ruth, and Tina

2015 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Cummins Dually

I tried Hostgater and I just didn't like it at all. godaddy or domainspricedright. I have been using domainspricedright with no issues.

I added one site - for an insurance agency - and simply did a paid version of the free Wordpress site. It is a very simple site, with not much bandwidth required. So the $99 a year works well for it. On the other sites, I still have not decided. I'm developing in the free wordpress and then will move them when ready. This has disadvantages, that I am aware of, but it is simple. As to GoDaddy, I would never use them. I've hosted website with them before and had TERRIBLE experiences. I could never recommend them for anything.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Archived