Classes of 2008 and 2009

For today's entertainment we got to watch a neighbor's awning blow over the top of their RV. Then we got to watch the mobil technicians bring it down again. At least we have our back to the wind and are behind a half wall so we've not been rocking too much.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For today's entertainment we got to watch a neighbor's awning blow over the top of their RV. Then we got to watch the mobil technicians bring it down again. At least we have our back to the wind and are behind a half wall so we've not been rocking too much.

Linda Sand

Did the wind surprise them or did they just not put it away? There certainly has been a lot of wind just about everywhere. I guess that means spring is here. We've had temperatures at 100 degrees and now tomorrow the high is only supposed to be 54 degrees!

We got our car back but but are still waiting for the new tire rim they ordered. Also, the muffler sure is making noise now so will probably take it back this afternoon. Windshield is scheduled to be replaced this morning. We're finally getting that replaced after the rock we picked up in Yuma. We have another appointment for a baseplate on Monday. Hopefully, that's it and we can get on the road Wednesday. At least that's what we're shooting for.

Steve---- let us know when your house closes. We all want a loan!

Oh .. P.S. -- Terry now wants to sell his new little electric bike. It's too heavy and he doesn't use it. Should I say, I knew it? :rolleyes::D

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Did the wind surprise them or did they just not put it away? There certainly has been a lot of wind just about everywhere. I guess that means spring is here. We've had temperatures at 100 degrees and now tomorrow the high is only supposed to be 54 degrees!

We got our car back but but are still waiting for the new tire rim they ordered. Also, the muffler sure is making noise now so will probably take it back this afternoon. Windshield is scheduled to be replaced this morning. We're finally getting that replaced after the rock we picked up in Yuma. We have another appointment for a baseplate on Monday. Hopefully, that's it and we can get on the road Wednesday. At least that's what we're shooting for.

Steve---- let us know when your house closes. We all want a loan!

Oh .. P.S. -- Terry now wants to sell his new little electric bike. It's too heavy and he doesn't use it. Should I say, I knew it? :rolleyes::D

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Button your lip Jeri.

Wind is something we don't get much of at this time of year. Having said so, we'll probably get some.

I see from our friends at Park Sierra, Coarsegold, California that they have snow today and no electricity. Count your blessings!

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

We're headed for Death Valley but wanted to visit our friends again here in Las Vegas. So we're parked in their drive way for three nights.

Monday we had a meal with Mike and Julie in Jerome, Az before they left the area. On the 14th we will be back in Paphrump, Nv to attend the national ALFA rally.

May go to Death Valley during this week, if we do, we will checkand see if you are still there. Then on the 19th we are going to fly from Vegas to Texas to visit our grandsons for a week.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

I see from our friends at Park Sierra, Coarsegold, California that they have snow today and no electricity. Count your blessings!

So it's a good thing we aren't traveling as fast as we considered doing. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Well we chased this Oklahoma wind, put it in a round corral, and now it thinks it wants to be a tornado. Go figure! :rolleyes: Now we have tornado watches today. I watched for a lot of them, but never could figure out what you were supposed to do with one if you found it?? :blink: Last one I found chased me into a hole in the ground :o 87 degrees today and it looks like it could get a little stormy. I think the roofers just finished a while ago,so I'd better go look at it before another hail storm comes in. Way too exciting around here for me. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Let me see, snow in Coarsegold, tornadoes in Oklahoma, looks like spring has finally sprung. Here the breezy weather has changed to down right windy. Today steady at 40mph or so with gust around 60. It's supposed to stay this way for the next 3 days. Sort of traps you. If it blows much harder, I'll be bringing the slide in and watching TV through the blinds of the window. This place makes Quartzsite look like a rain forest. I'm finding dust in the linen closet.

There's a reason the folks that know better don't come into New Mexico until at least the middle of April.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

You might know My holding tank just could not hold out for one more day. This morning I ran out of water so I filled my little Blue Wal-Mart tank and used my antifreeze valve to pump it into the Fresh Water Tank. I no more than got that done and flushed the John and the huge odor hit my nose. So I hooked up and towed it down to the other campground to the dump station. Now I'm back in my space with 6 gallons of fresh water and empty holding tanks. Well at least I won't have to do all that when I leave here Monday Morning. We had a little wind today but not too bad. It popped the slide toppper a couple of times during a gust but all in all it was not too bad. My Blond friend is due in from City of Rocks tomorrow and I promised to take her to dinner. So that will wipe out one day. That means I'll be getting this trailer ready for the road late Sunday night. It's only a little over a hundred miles up to Dave's place so if I don't get it all ready the night before. I'll just leave a little later Monday.

Dave. Im coming to your rescue. I promise nice weather all the time I'm there. Well Maybe if the weather forcast holds good.

Steve, I got the Cranberry Juice out and celebrated the 8th anyway. Let us know when you get a new closing date. We need another excuse to celebrate.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Seems I've had to read a whole bunch of WHINING about the HIGH Temperatures, HIGH Wind, etc. on here of late. :lol: So here's a reminder of what COOLER weather looks like. :P Really wish I'd had my real camera with me instead of just the cell phone. :D

Joe

You can keep that "Cooler" kind..! Yep and I have another complaint! San Anton......windy!!!!! Hot today....just stays about the same every day. We're moving just a little bit east and it's gonna be even hotter over the weekend! I wish I had this bottom tier of states whipped and then I'd run north! Just a warning.....we are heading to the North East next summer when we leave Arizona....the end of April 2012....

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

You can keep that "Cooler" kind..! Yep and I have another complaint! San Anton......windy!!!!! Hot today....just stays about the same every day. We're moving just a little bit east and it's gonna be even hotter over the weekend! I wish I had this bottom tier of states whipped and then I'd run north! Just a warning.....we are heading to the North East next summer when we leave Arizona....the end of April 2012....

Well if you head to the NorthEast in April of 2012 you better hope its not like this year. We have to head back to New York to be there the end of April and they still have about a foot of snow on the ground!! We are just hoping for some warm weather and some of that wind so it will dry out all the mud!! We have had a little wind here in Livingston but nothing like what you guys are talking about. Ed got the MH washed yesterday and will start waxing a little each day.

Hey Marsha and Paul...site 67 will be open on Sunday. Can you come a day early?

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Monday we had a meal with Mike and Julie in Jerome, Az before they left the area. On the 14th we will be back in Paphrump, Nv to attend the national ALFA rally.

May go to Death Valley during this week, if we do, we will checkand see if you are still there. Then on the 19th we are going to fly from Vegas to Texas to visit our grandsons for a week.

We'll be in Death Valley until the morning of Monday, the 18th. Hopefully our phones will work this time while we're there. I know we won't have internet service. We're headed to Pahrump tonight and then into Furnace Creek tomorrow morning. Sure would like to see you guys if you do come into the park.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Hey Marsha and Paul...site 67 will be open on Sunday. Can you come a day early?

No, we can't be there till Monday. Is that the only site along the trees (64-72) open?

Paul (and Marsha)

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

For once the weather folks didn't miss it. Wind is blowing hard. Have the 5er playing turtle. Received a call from the pastor of the local church. The roof blew off the sanctuary. Looks like it will be a real short service tomorrow.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

Sandie -- thought I would let you know there is snow on the Superstition Mountains all around your place.

I bet those mountains are just gorgeous. We didn't have any snow coming over the hump but there's still a little bit of snow on Mt. (whatever it is here). The wind has finally given up but it's still chilly. I'm sure Death Valley will warm us up nicely next week.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

TEXAS IS ON FIRE!!! There is a wildfire burning a few miles SW of us that had burned over 100'000 acres yesterday. Wind 35 to 45 mph with gust to 60 predicted for today. With 97+' heat and single digit humidity it will be hard to stop. There is also a big fire at Marfia N of the Big Bend, and several in the panhandle. WE are safe but worried for our friends and neighbors that have lost ther grass, If they don't loose livestock they still can't stay in buiness with nothing for them to eat. Lucky the mkt. is real good now.

Delcie is in the hosp. at Childress with pnumonia, she is doing better, hope to get her home Monday. The only good thing about that is I will probly loose weight from batching.

We plan to leave for our campground host job the 1st of May. We are ready for the cool of the mtns.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

TEXAS IS ON FIRE!!! There is a wildfire burning a few miles SW of us that had burned over 100'000 acres yesterday. Wind 35 to 45 mph with gust to 60 predicted for today. With 97+' heat and single digit humidity it will be hard to stop. There is also a big fire at Marfia N of the Big Bend, and several in the panhandle. WE are safe but worried for our friends and neighbors that have lost ther grass, If they don't loose livestock they still can't stay in buiness with nothing for them to eat. Lucky the mkt. is real good now.

Delcie is in the hosp. at Childress with pnumonia, she is doing better, hope to get her home Monday. The only good thing about that is I will probly loose weight from batching.

We plan to leave for our campground host job the 1st of May. We are ready for the cool of the mtns.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy

Jeez Freddy....sorry to hear about Delcie. You take care of yourself and of Delcie. I could send food but I am not sure what condition it would be in when it gets there.

I will try to blow some of this nonstop rain to Texas. Believe me, we are sick of it.

Hugs

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy

Prayers for Delcie. Tell her we need her to take good care of herself. Definitely sounds like time to head north for you guys.

I just finished reading one of the blogs I follow and they had to evacuate because of the Marfia fire. Texas is really in bad shape this year from being so dry. Please be safe and hopefully your neighbors and friends will be okay with their cattle.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Freddy, we're sending hugs for Delcie too! Hope she gets better soon. She'll have to if you expect her to run from the fires!! We're keeping an eye out for fires here too. Way too dry and windy. This wind is supposed to stop on Tuesday, so I hope the forcasters get it right this time. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"