Tornado Hits Deer Run

JPL

A tornado went thru DR last night and it damaged a few campers and injured one person. At this time 1056 DST they are w/o power. I don't know extent of damages to the Park because they were still trying to get a handle on things. Told them our prayers are with them and wished them good luck. Were any of the HDT's there? Hopefully things will be better.    Pat

The Old Sailor

The loud thunder/lightning storm sounded like it was right on top of us.  It  didn't last long and was fast moving.  No train like sounds to say it was a tornado.  In Deer Run there are a couple trees down and we found the camper that the tree fell on.  It was in the annual section.  It appears that the guy was treated and released...so that is good.

There was no damage in our section other than we have been without power since about 2:30am.  Being a Sunday a lot of campers, that were here for the weekend, have left.

Ed & Teresa Haagsma

2016 New Horizons 45' custom. New Horizons ambassador

2009 Volvo 780 "Remington". Converted by RVHaulers

2015 Smart "Remora"

Treeed     Thanks for that update. The only reason I called it a tornado was because the Lady I talked to at the front desk told me it was a tornado. Hope things are getting back to normal. Hope you didn't have any problems. Again thanks and hope and pray that tonight will be more quiet.     Pat

The Old Sailor