Sign in to follow this  
CincyGus

Toy Haulers Section

Maybe this has been asked before but why is there no toy hauler section? I've been posting in the TT section because I have a bumper pull Toy Hauler but I think there are some topics that are pretty much specific to TH's and likely not very interesting to people who have Travel trailers. Just a question....

While we're here, have you had or know of issues regarding the ramp/rear door sealing? Know full well that maintenance similar to that on slides and their seals is important, but this is an entire rear wall of an RV that is subjected to the elements of travelling, and I'm aware of folks with step up slides using supports under their retracted slides to relieve stress at the wall flange, as well as failures at said flange.

Edited by rm.w/aview

10 hours ago, CincyGus said:

Maybe this has been asked before but why is there no toy hauler section?

While I am not the admin, I do have some access to them and believe that I can respond to your question with fair accuracy. There are several reasons why no toy hauler section exists. One of them is that there are not that many issues which are unique to toy haulers and if there were a toy hauler section, should it include motorized toy haulers, fifth wheel toy haulers, travel trailer toy haulers, and so on? While I have not spoken to admin about toy haulers specifically, I have discussed adding new forum areas and suspect this one would be little different. Each time that you break out a new area for a specific RV type, you split up the forums farther and one of the primary principles of the Escapee organization is to include every RV person with every RV type. The subsets that we have now were created wtih the thought that only subjects specific to that particular type of RV would be posted there and that all subjects which relate to RVs, in general, would be in the common forums. That has proven to not to be the case as you can easily see by reading one of the more active, type-specific forums and then see that they get to where the discussion includes appliance and all sorts of other issues that are common to all RV people and that some of the most active members of the type-group forum do not even visit the forums where the general mix of members frequent. The more we subdivide the forums the more fractured our group becomes. 

Another reason for the lack of type-specific forums is that many of them see very little activity. This one for travel trailers is a good example as it happens to sometimes go long periods with little activity. If it were to be divided more, would that really improve anything? 

6 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

Another reason for the lack of type-specific forums is that many of them see very little activity.

For an example of this go to the Class B sub-forum page to view the activity level, and this is Class B which is its own distinctive class vs being a segment of a class or type of RV.

I found the same thing, CincyGus, and at one time read just about these same answers here...so I found this forum

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/

Pretty active for Toy Haulers, some brand specific, but very friendly folks who will try to answer any question or point you in the right direction.  Also, lots of general RV tech questions answered.  Not owned by Forest River - private forum, if that makes any difference.

Kirk, Thanks or replying with that information. I understand and can agree with the thought process of too many subdivisions of the forums would be a bad thing and limit traffic in each sub forum as Rm suggests.

RM, I'm unaware of any issue with rear door seals or problems. I would think that the stresses of driving up a 800 lb.-2000 lb. toy on the ramp loading and unloading, if it was going to cause warpage or damage that led to seal issues, would have done so long ago and been a steady complaint on forums specific to this type of RV. Never heard of it being an issue but have only recently purchased my first TH even though I have been reading forums, watching reviews and researching for about 4-5 years.

Dirtyboots, Thanks for the FR Forums. I'm a member there since my purchase a few months ago and agree, great place for more specific info to TH's and a friendly, helpful group also. 

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are well into recovering from the food coma most of us suffer from this time of night 😉