New Hard Drive Got it. Done

DJW

RV

Got new hard drive.  Per your advice I know how to initialize/format the new hard drive but I cannot figure out how to get the that screen that disk management .The sys repair thumb drive fires up the computer . But I cannot get to the Windows start page  so I right  click and drop the window that shows the disk management feature.  When I plug in my external which has the system image it shows up a Drive C and Not E as the system does not see the new hard drive and I have not figured out how to get to that window to fix it?

Help

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

Dennis,

You are going to have to have the old drive with Windows on it in the computer than put the new drive in the external drive dock. Go to control panel, change the view at the top right "View by: from category to large icons. Then click on administrative tools, then click on computer management, on the next screen click on Disk Management under Storage.

Was that what you needed?

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

RV

I do not have a docking station for the other drive to go in.  I have a Seagate 3TB external HD that the system image is stored on.  Can I not get to the Windows start page to get to the control panel off the recovery Drive  which is a thumb drive?

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

Ok I got windows reloaded on the new HD from the repair disk.  New problem is when you go to recovery in setting  you would go to repair and select trouble shooting advanced and then select recovery using system image.  Problem is there is no advanced under trouble shooting any more, only how to adjust personnel computer settings.  Any thoughts?

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived