Extended Service Contract Too Much

masterdrago

My dealer charged $5,514 for a First Extended ESC plus $795 for a Intire tire warranty plus $695 for Coach net roadside assistance - 60 month term. I asked fro a Coach Net ESC. Are these prices out of line? Looking online it looks like most cover the same things and exclude pretty much the same things. I can cancel within 60 days and get what I wanted - Coach-Net.

1st Time RVer 2018 Montana 3791RD, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW

I would shop around..Look at the cornerstone  website f or a example.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Those prices seem awfully high to me.  I have not shopped them recently and the particular RV that you are covering. A 5-year term of coverage is not particularly long for a new RV as 7-year is available. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I've done more research. Cornerstone says I can only get their ESC through my dealer. The gal at Coach-Net says I'll get a better price from the dealer. Go figure! Somewhere I read that my Sailun tires have a 6 year warranty from Keystone but cannot find where I read that. The owners manual says contact TBC about tire warranty. Trying to keep from getting confused is becoming more and more difficult with each passing day. I'm going slow and easy. Mostly.

4 hours ago, masterdrago said:

I've done more research. Cornerstone says I can only get their ESC through my dealer. The gal at Coach-Net says I'll get a better price from the dealer. Go figure! Somewhere I read that my Sailun tires have a 6 year warranty from Keystone but cannot find where I read that. The owners manual says contact TBC about tire warranty. Trying to keep from getting confused is becoming more and more difficult with each passing day. I'm going slow and easy. Mostly.

That is true. I purchased my cornerstone warranty through A dealer but not the one we purchased our RV from. It is common practice.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

3 hours ago, rm.w/aview said:

Does this then raise the cost of the ESC even further via finance charges?

If you are asking about interest on the cost of things added into the loan, then yes you do pay interest on them. In theory, at least, you would be paying for your 5 years extended warranty over the entire life of the loan. 

I purchased my Cornerstone ultimate policy through our local dealer  4 years 2500.00 paid for it in full. Have used it  with no problem.

1 hour ago, Phil Saran said:

Please read through your paperwork again.  The warranty on the tires is covered by the tire manufacture NOT

the RV manufacture.

That is correct. Administered by TBC Brands. Sailun mentions a 60 month but excluded if

• the tire was installed on a recreational vehicle (e.g., camping & Motor homes)

7 minutes ago, richfaa said:

I purchased my Cornerstone ultimate policy through our local dealer  4 years 2500.00 paid for it in full. Have used it  with no problem.

Thanks. I will mention that when I go back on Monday to get what I asked for.

13 hours ago, masterdrago said:

Thanks. I will mention that when I go back on Monday to get what I asked for.

They will send you a copy of the contract to study before purchase.

When I was shopping for ESPs I called Coach Net and they told me that because the new rig would be covered by the manufacturer for one year that they would not sell me an ESP till the end of the year. They said to call them back. That was for their extended warranty not the roadside assistance. Also I was trading in my old rig and was told by the ESP company (not Coach Net) that since it was included in the purchase, even though my down payment was more than the cost of the ESP, that the prorated refund would have to go to the bank to apply to the balance of my loan and they would not refund it to me. So besides paying interest on top of the cost for the ESP, unless you buy it separate from the rig the prorated refund goes to the bank. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

1 hour ago, masterdrago said:

I just cancelled the ESC and $5,500 and change will go back as a credit on the loan (financed $33,000). I'm already in contact with Coach-Net and they have given me pricing on the 5 year. A better price than the dealer.

A very good decision! 

Archived