Buying new shocks and rotors 2002 f350

Leftishut

I have a wobble when braking. I just put on new tires and it eased a little, but still there.  Pads still have meat on them but I think the front rotors warped. 

There are so many choices for shocks rotors and pads. But since this truck will eventually be for towing I would like to know what your favorites are. 

2002 f350 7.3

10-13k gooseneck trailer. 

From what I have found so far I think I want bilstein shocks (but there are so many models) in heavy duty. Motor craft brake pads and the rotors I have no clue.

I don't know about favorites since budget will impact that decision. I recently checked out Rock Auto and was surprised at their prices (which are good) but I like the layout for shocks. They break them down by OEM, medium duty, heavy duty, premium, etc. 

I think I am going to need new shocks in the not too distant future and this impressed me. Might want to check them out. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Thanks all!

i have been digging for a few hours and apparently this truck warps rotors quickly including oem. A lot of people like powerslot cryo rotors that don't warp near as fast. It seems to come up a lot. 

Bilsteins 5100 series looks good. 

Truck has 162k on her. While I am doing this work any other recomended work that should be done? (Hubs seem in good condition )

I've been using standard grade Raybestos for years. Found it to be the same or slightly better than OEM.  Raybestos also makes best and premium grades.

https://www.brakepartsinc.com/raybestos/en-us

I tried Bosch re-man electrical parts then went back to OEM.

If there is excess wear on the truck brakes means something isn't right with the trailer brakes.

Trailers with elec/hyd brakes have a lag time due to the time it takes the pump to build pressure. To reduced the wear on the truck I'll place my foot lightly on the pedal to start the pump running before apply more brake. 

High pressure injection pump would be something to look at in the truck.

If you going to modify anything start with the back end of the engine like the muffler (easy), then the down pipe (allot harder) before adding anything (fuel/air) to the front end.

2011 Cameo 34SB3

18 hours ago, Leftishut said:

I have a wobble when braking. I just put on new tires and it eased a little, but still there.  Pads still have meat on them but I think the front rotors warped.

There are so many choices for shocks rotors and pads. But since this truck will eventually be for towing I would like to know what your favorites are.

2002 f350 7.3

10-13k gooseneck trailer.

From what I have found so far I think I want bilstein shocks (but there are so many models) in heavy duty. Motor craft brake pads and the rotors I have no clue.

Is this a new to you truck? How long do your brakes normally last? What is your normal brake service intervals? Future towing should not be a additional problem if you keep your trailer brakes adjusted properly. Usually you can't go wrong with OEM parts. I used to pull a 27k loaded gooseneck trailer with my 3500 Chevy and could get 100k on the OEM brakes.

Try to avoid hard braking (sometimes hard to do).

Greg

On 11/10/2017 at 9:09 AM, gjhunter01 said:

Is this a new to you truck? How long do your brakes normally last? What is your normal brake service intervals? Future towing should not be a additional problem if you keep your trailer brakes adjusted properly. Usually you can't go wrong with OEM parts. I used to pull a 27k loaded gooseneck trailer with my 3500 Chevy and could get 100k on the OEM brakes.

Try to avoid hard braking (sometimes hard to do).

Greg

New to me. And well maintained. My friend sold it to me. It seems stock (and most aftermarket rotors) warp really quickly. Apparently it's just the fronts and those cryo rotors fix the problem. 

Archived