Do others seek medical care in AZ from Mexico??

Raquel11

My husband currently sees a pain management dr.and has a neurostimulator in his back with arthritis throughout his body and we are moving to Mexico for a warmer climate but I  have heard that it is nearly impossible to get pain medication in Mexico even in a hospital, is this accurate???

On 7/29/2017 at 5:36 PM, Raquel11 said:

My husband currently sees a pain management dr.and has a neurostimulator in his back with arthritis throughout his body and we are moving to Mexico for a warmer climate but I  have heard that it is nearly impossible to get pain medication in Mexico even in a hospital, is this accurate???

Where are you moving to in Mexico?  If it's the west coast, Rosarito Beach is only half hour from San Diego and has several US communities and condo projects.  Ensenada is a little over an hour from San Diego.  I say this because I have a great pain management doctor here in San Diego if you're going to be close.    San Yasidro boarder crossing (San Diego) is the largest boarder crossing in the world (over 30 million a year!).  They even have apps and web sites for current, live time, boarder crossing wait times.

2017 Grand Design Momentum 376TH pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, dually, longbed

2 hours ago, rm.w/aview said:

A tourist town/area is usually full of t-shirt and souvenir shops, not pharmacy, dentist, and doctor shops. Yet Algodones Mexico apparently has made this transition a while back. There's a very large parking area on the U.S. side for folks to park and walk to town for health care. It's west of Yuma. This may be a local phenom, or it could be nation wide, I don't know. When we're in the area we're going to find out though.

I've been going to Algodones for my dental needs but until now I've not been aware that general health services are available there.

Not sure but in Los Algodones at least there are signs at the pharmacy that narcotic Rx are not allowed to be brought back into the USA.  They may still be available if kept and used in Mexico?

Back on the road again in a 2011 Roadtrek 210P

2011 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Lexus GX470, 2018 Ranger XP1000, 2013 RZR 570LE
http://finallynewellin.blogspot.com/

458863254_cabinavatarcopy.jpg.7751792e372f5959d079d77730f9290d.jpg

You're MOVING to Mexico!  
You won't have any interest in the border towns - they're not real Mexico.
In fact, you might want to try one of the expat forums for the information that you seek.

I don't think that you'll have any trouble getting the required medication.  It's a whole 'nother world out there and people don't get by without pain meds.

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

Archived