Replacement for S&T

I use S&T while traveling on the road. I have a Laptop in the cab of the truck and get real time position. I find it invaluable. But I find the map outdated since S&T has been discontinued. Has anyone found a good substitute for Streets & Trips.

2005 New Horizons 36ft 5th/upgrades-Generator, Disk Brakes, Solar Package, Inverter. and more
2008 Ford F450 crew cab DRW

K3ROY
http://www.roanontheroad.blogspot.com/

I like Co-pilot on a tablet..... But it is different....Nothing is the "same" as S&T,

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Nope, and still looking. I use S&T in conjunction with a Garmin GPS mostly. Pre-plan on S&T and then use GPS for next next destination point - cross-check verifying with each other. On occasion have used cell phone Google Maps voice commands - which has worked spectacularly well on occasion for escaping major traffic problems.

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

S&T was a very simple and easy system to use. I still have it installed for quick things but have found Google Maps very easy and effective to get from point A to point B and its traffic is the best. Anything more than that and it isn't very functional, can't even save routes and I haven't found an easy way to delete my dragging mistakes.

I have tried Street Atlas and Based Camp, both work but aren't as easy to use as Streets. I haven't used CoPilot much so no comment from me on that one. I just don't understand why Copilot is free for the phone and tablet but $$$ for the PC. I like using the PC for my planning of routes.

I used S&T some years ago, but changed to Delorme Street Atlas about 8-10 years ago. It had a bit of learning curve, but it works very well for me.

I wouldn't be without a PC based mapping program. One that does not require internet. It is very hard to use an internet map with a slow connection or when you don't have internet at all.

I use SA to plan all my routes, checking distances between points, etc. I find it easy to quickly add side routes to the main route and save each route.

The down side to SA, even though I have the SA 2015, a number of local roads are miss named. I can usually find the correct name with Google Maps.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

We have also used Street Atlas extensively. In fact, it was our primary navigation program until I switched to Co-Pilot on a tablet. SA is a VERY good navigation program - better, in my estimation, than Streets and Trips. For various reasons.

I do like Co-Pilot a lot - as I mentioned above. And I like the ability to use the smaller tablet on the dash of the truck.Both are very good navigation tools. I use Co-Pilot along with Google Maps and the combination is about perfect for my needs.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

• 2 years later...

When we had the Volvo, we were using the Laptop Truck version to get the 13' 6" capability.  When we switch to the Bounder, the Android RV version has capabilities for the Bounder.  If we still had the Volvo, we would be using the Android Truck Version for other settings that the Bounder doesn't need.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Archived