Need help with toad/towing

RMD3819

2014 CRV....................Pics attached. Is this how it folds?

Yes it is. You don't have to remove the connecting points for the tow bar from the CR-V but just unhook, which we didn't do unless we were staying unhooked for more than a short time. There are also covers available for the folded tow-bar but we never bothered with one since we never drove more than a very short distance with the folded bar on the RV.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Yes it is. You don't have to remove the connecting points for the tow bar from the CR-V but just unhook, which we didn't do unless we were staying unhooked for more than a short time. There are also covers available for the folded tow-bar but we never bothered with one since we never drove more than a very short distance with the folded bar on the RV.

I took the bars from the CRV for "practice" more than anything. I have a cover but forgot it this trip.

Thanks.

Not to be paranoid, but I always remove the tow attachments from the CR-V (or other vehicle) just because I don't want to come out of Walmart or wherever to discover that someone has taken one of them off. They only take seconds to remove but it would be a real nuisance to have to replace a missing one.

As for the tow-bar cover, the folks at ReadyBrake told me that they feel it is helpful in preventing deterioration of the rubber sleeves on the bars. I don't use it for short stays, but I do if we're going to be sitting in one location for any significant period of time.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

One thing-the shop installed a Fusemaster and hooked it to fuse #19 BUT it does not shut off the radio. I have an aftermarket radio and apparently it is not hooked to 19. I will turn off the radio for now but should I do something about this?

At the time we purchased our CR-V there was some confusion as to which was the correct fuse to pull. I decided it was just as easy to install a charging line; I used the Toad Charge kit which prevents reverse current flow from the CR-V battery to the house batteries all the time and permits current flow from the house to the car only when the MH alternator is turning. It also has a circuit breaker. I know that some RVers see nothing wrong with directly connecting the house batteries to the toad; that's fine for when things are working correctly but problems can arise if something goes awry. IMO the purpose of electrical protection devices is to protect against the unforeseen event; they won't be called upon >99% of the time.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Joel....I'm like you.....I always remove the tow attachments from the toad if its not hooked up to the MH. Thats all I need is to find one or both missing .....it would take days to get new ones.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Not to be paranoid, but I always remove the tow attachments from the CR-V (or other vehicle)

You can easily do so and I did if going for long, but not for short periods. Most non-RV owners would not know how to remove one, or what to do with it if they did. I see no reason not to do so if it makes you feel better, but to date I have not known of anyone having had one stolen.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

You can easily do so and I did if going for long, but not for short periods. Most non-RV owners would not know how to remove one, or what to do with it if they did. I see no reason not to do so if it makes you feel better, but to date I have not known of anyone having had one stolen.

Late to this thread but I pull my Dragons teeth (tow attachments) just because it leaves les clutter on the front and I don't worry they might come up missing. As a heads up I found a really good spray lube.

www.greenpartstore.com/John-Deere-Super-Lube-Synthetic-Dri-Film-Lubricant-TY25398.html

This stuff will stay and only needs a occasional re application. I use it on the pins and the connector and the tow attachments. It does a good job of reducing wear and corrosion.

Bill

2008 Newmar Mountain Aire model 4521
450 hp Cummins ISM
Allison 4000MH tran.
Towing a 2014 Honda CRV with a blue Ox tow bar

Home base Fort Worth Texas

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.

-Mark Twain-

Archived