Key Bridge in Baltimore Collapse

trailertraveler

This will create a real traffic mess.  The last I knew, RV's were prohibited from the tunnels.  695 around the west of Baltimore is quite a bit longer.  I wonder if US-1 / US-40 is a viable alternative.

Safe Travels...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

17 hours ago, k4rs said:

This will create a real traffic mess.  The last I knew, RV's were prohibited from the tunnels.  695 around the west of Baltimore is quite a bit longer.  I wonder if US-1 / US-40 is a viable alternative.

Safe Travels...

Route 40 I believe is basically the truck route thru Baltimore and not a really fun route to follow, another way around would be is traveling south in Delaware take De route 1 to 301 then 50 west from there you can jump back onto 95/495 or 301 south but there are tolls.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

1 hour ago, dblr said:

Route 40 I believe is basically the truck route thru Baltimore and not a really fun route to follow, another way around would be is traveling south in Delaware take De route 1 to 301 then 50 west from there you can jump back onto 95/495 or 301 south but there are tolls.

Us-50/301 takes you to Annapolis. US-301 will take you South avoiding both Baltimore and DC. I have not taken this route in years but it is my understanding that improvements have eliminated a lot of the congestion around Waldorf. I-95 in DE and MD has some of the highest tolls in the country. Not sure how the tolls of the two routes compare as the Key Bridge had a toll. I think the toll on MD I-95 is only North bound so the tolls are different depending on which direction you are travelling.

3 hours ago, trailertraveler said:

Us-50/301 takes you to Annapolis. US-301 will take you South avoiding both Baltimore and DC. I have not taken this route in years but it is my understanding that improvements have eliminated a lot of the congestion around Waldorf. I-95 in DE and MD has some of the highest tolls in the country. Not sure how the tolls of the two routes compare as the Key Bridge had a toll. I think the toll on MD I-95 is only North bound so the tolls are different depending on which direction you are travelling.

You will miss the toll on De route 1 but pay the toll on the new 301 by-pass around Middletown, the toll at the Bay bridge is northbound, if you stay on 301 until Va you pay the toll southbound at the bridge into Va.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

On 3/26/2024 at 1:24 PM, k4rs said:

Safe Travels...

We are long-term at Aberdeen Proving Ground just north of Baltimore off I-95. We always take I-695 west around the west side of Baltimore... it increases our travel time by 20 minutes vs. the other routes. US-1 and US-40 are a maze of stop lights (especially 40 - though we use it for local travel all the time). That would add a lot more time than going around the west loop.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg