Asthma medication to be discontinued

The first sentence of the linked article points out that the "Name Brand" of said medication will no longer be sold. The company is converting it to a "Generic" name and will continue to sell it, as will may other pharmaceutical companies now that the "Trademark" has expired. 

At least that's how I interpreted the link, but I DID NOT read it all.  

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I read it as did lappir. That is only one brand of this type inhaler, I know of 3 different brands and have used them all. None of them helped me more than the others, so Express-Scripts sends me the lowest cost brand.

This is classed as a "rescue" inhaler to carry on your person, but we are told to carry and use the expansion/mixing chamber between the inhaler and mouth for best results. Carrying both is not convenient.

Medicare is attempting to control and reduce prescription medication costs to benefit citizens; and IMO are using Canada as a model. You see the cost of this medication in the link Gary provided.  I pay $14 for a 3-month supply,and Tricare For Life picks up the remainder (via federal taxes). 

That makes it easy to see why Medicare is attempting to reduce prescription drug prices.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Ray, 

Thanks for the support, but Flovent is not a "Rescue" inhaler. It's a Steroid that takes time to work. A true "Rescue Inhaler" is a Fast Acting Bronchial Dilatator such as Albuterol  or   salbutamol, salmeterol, formoterol and vilanterol  

found with google search. 

It is important to use proper technique to get the best dosing of the Steroid type of medication as well as the Rescue Inhalers. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

10 hours ago, lappir said:

Ray, 

Thanks for the support, but Flovent is not a "Rescue" inhaler. It's a Steroid that takes time to work. A true "Rescue Inhaler" is a Fast Acting Bronchial Dilatator such as Albuterol  or   salbutamol, salmeterol, formoterol and vilanterol  

found with google search. 

It is important to use proper technique to get the best dosing of the Steroid type of medication as well as the Rescue Inhalers. 

Rod

OK, my bad, Flovent/Fluticasone is a old cortacosteriod. I remember now, I was on that 20 years ago, and continued until Dr. put me on Advair, then Trelegy when it came out. He's had me on so many different stuff I can't remember them all. No recovery from chemical-induced COPD; he just keeps me going.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 1 month later...

wow i had it long time ago. The discontinuation of asthma medication can pose serious risks to individuals managing their condition, potentially leading to exacerbated symptoms and increased health complications. It's crucial to consult with a healthcare professional immediately in Online Pharmacy to discuss alternative treatment options and to avoid abrupt cessation of medication. As for purchasing medication, it's advisable to rely on reputable sources

Edited by pollies