Quartzsite 2024

kb0zke

Jo Ann and I plan to be at Arizona Sun RV Park 24-31 January. Although the main purpose is to visit the RV show, we also want to learn more about the Quartzsite experience, especially boondocking. Our trailer probably won't be ready for boondocking by then, which is why we have a reservation at a commercial campground, but it certainly will be ready for 2025. Looking forward to seeing some of you fellow Escapees there.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

The solar panels will be installed next week, and I'll take delivery of the Victron stuff then. That's in Bernalillo, NM. The following week we're back down to Las Cruces, NM to the dealer for some warranty and service work. Once that's done we'll work our way west. I'll bring some tools along and see how much of the new stuff I can install on the way.

Tim, that's what I wanted to know. We'll wander out somewhere along the way while we're there.

David Lininger, kb0zke

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there! Your Arizona Sun RV Park adventure sounds fantastic! It's a shame your trailer won't be ready for boondocking this time, but the RV show and the Quartzsite experience should be amazing. I won't make it this year, but hopefully, our paths will cross in 2025 when your trailer is all set for boondocking. Safe travels and enjoy the Escapees gathering!🙃

@allie

Well, things change. The guy who was going to install the solar panels decided they were too big to fit on the roof, so I'm driving around with six solar panels in the back of the truck. There is another guy near Phoenix who says he can install then using a different system. We're going to meet up before we get to Quartzsite, then he will install them on our way back to The Ranch. We'll see what happens.

David Lininger, kb0zke

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Happy "Hour" tomorrow afternoon. Four of the six solar panels will be installed in early February, when we get back here after Q. The other two are listed for sale in the Classifieds. I'd really like for them to go away soon.

David Lininger, kb0zke

Got in, set up a bit, and headed over to the Happy "Hour". Saw several people we knew and met new people. Bit Tent tomorrow.

David Lininger, kb0zke