propane lines

GlennWest

I posted some time back about rust clogging my orifice in my furnace. I am not traveling anymore so today I abandoned the steel lines and ran 1/2" copper tubing. I ty waped it to the steel lines. Did find rust and fluid in the lines. Most of this was where the tee was for the furnace. I added a drip leg at the end of the line which goes to hot water heater and stove. This area is close to axles so clearance not problem. I was concerned about a drip leg at furnace tee. Could hang on something. Once get on my property, about 10 miles away, may add one. be easy to do. I am surprised how tired I got doing this. 

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I never understood why the code was changed to eliminate the requirement for a drip-leg at each appliance.  I opened the drip-leg on my 30G LP water heater here at home, it was dry and empty after 56 years, but i'm keeping it JIC.

I had a new 120,000btu LP furnace installed, no drip-leg was installed. We'll see what happens.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

1 hour ago, GlennWest said:

I am surprised how tired I got doing this. 

I hate to tell you, but it doesn't get better as the years go by. I was on duty as a driver in our community today 8 hours, most of the time spent waiting for someone. I am tired like I had actually worked all day. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

13 hours ago, Kirk W said:

I hate to tell you, but it doesn't get better as the years go by. I was on duty as a driver in our community today 8 hours, most of the time spent waiting for someone. I am tired like I had actually worked all day. 

Think it had a lot to do with me being rather laid back for the last year. Just go on daily walks. Got out of shape.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

14 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

I never understood why the code was changed to eliminate the requirement for a drip-leg at each appliance.  I opened the drip-leg on my 30G LP water heater here at home, it was dry and empty after 56 years, but i'm keeping it JIC.

I had a new 120,000btu LP furnace installed, no drip-leg was installed. We'll see what happens.

Ray, i believe the original owner must have left system open and it was in Huston area so lots of humidity. It should not have happened under normal conditions.