Old Goat's corner. He's at it again & again & again

phoenix2013

1 hour ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Henry, a KW doesn't have the side lights that a Volvo has at the back of the cab and, in this case, you really should add an amber light behind the tandems (on the fender support arm) as a minimum and preferably a red marker light at the end of the frame on the side.

As long as that extension is, and as Rick noted, painted black, it will be REALLY easy for a bicycle or motorcycle to not see that extension at night and create a serious issue.

These rigs are often parked at night by themselves due to shear size in overflow areas or even during fueling or grocery runs. I know you wouldn't be able to live with yourself if you caused an acident or worse, killed someone due to that oversight.

Will do, I'll have him bring the truck back for the mods. I'll make it a start of the next phase and have the lights plugged rather than hardwired. This way they'll be ready for the bed install.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Henry, a KW doesn't have the side lights that a Volvo has at the back of the cab and, in this case, you really should add an amber light behind the tandems (on the fender support arm) as a minimum and preferably a red marker light at the end of the frame on the side.

As long as that extension is, and as Rick noted, painted black, it will be REALLY easy for a bicycle or motorcycle to not see that extension at night and create a serious issue.

These rigs are often parked at night by themselves due to shear size in overflow areas or even during fueling or grocery runs. I know you wouldn't be able to live with yourself if you caused an acident or worse, killed someone due to that oversight.

Will do, I'll have him bring the truck back for the mods. I'll make it a start of the next phase and have the lights plugged rather than hardwired. This way they'll be ready for the bed install.

10 minutes ago, phoenix2013 said:

Excellent plan.  As handy as you are with CAD, you can figure out where to put the lights and make the harnesses so that you already have the needed length for the completed bed.

I'm a big fan of the 3/4" button led makers with brake/turn function for mid-ship placement.  And don't forget that reflective material.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Brake/turn sizeable marker is the plan for the mid marker. I remember from my pulling days of those turds who would "park" themselves mid between my fifth and the truck to "admire" my setup and if I needed to move over they couldn't see any of the turn signals.