2024 West Coast HDT Rally (WCR)

Chad Heiser

The 2024 West Coast HDT Rally is scheduled for June 10-17, 2024.

The rally has opened up for registrations.  An advance email went out Wednesday to past rally attendees and all those who signed up for the rally email list through the contact form on the rally website (HDTWCR.com).  As of this morning (Monday) there were only three sites still available at Ambassador for potential rally attendees during the rally.  I know this doesn't leave much room for those not on the rally email list, but it is the process we have in place.  If you want to get advanced notice for future rallies, please sign up for the email list through the contact form on the website.  

Ambassador RV Resort is our host campground for the rally.  It is a beautiful park and has huge sites that work nicely for our large rigs.  Unfortunately they have a limited number of those sites available for short term rentals and this limits the number of rally attendees we can host.  We discuss this every year at the rally and so far the consensus of the group is to keep using Ambassador as our host facility even though it limits the number of attendees.  We always have a high number of first time rally attendees at each rally, so I know it isn't keeping people from the opportunity to attend, but it does limit our overall numbers.

If you would like to attend the rally, but can't get a site at Ambassador, there are other options in the area.  Canyon County Fairgrounds/O'Connor Field House on the other side of the interstate from where Ambassador is located has 15 Full Hook Up sites available.  For Elks members, the Caldwell Elks Lodge, one exit west on the interstate from Ambassador, has 8 spaces with water and 30 amp power (they utilize the fairgrounds for a free dump station).  There are also other commercial RV parks in the area.  The Caldwell Campground & RV Park is off the next exit past the Elks Lodge and Abundant Life RV Park is also in the area on the same side of the interstate as the Fairgrounds, but a bit further east.

You can also still contact Ambassador and get added to the wait list there once the available sites fill up.  We are still 8 months away from the actual rally, so I am sure there will be cancellations for various reasons which will open up sites at Ambassador along the way.

If you have any questions about the rally, feel free to ask or comment here.  You can also contact me directly at chad@hdtwcr.com.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Well that was quick.  Ambassador is now full for the rally and already has two people on the wait list.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

• 2 months later...

The 2024 WCR is shaping up. I am working on finalizing the schedule and a few other details. I hope to have the registration payment link out to all attendees by the end of February. I sent out an update email to all attendees today (2/3/24). Thanks for your patience and I look forward to seeing everyone in June.

event.png    

• Phil D pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

For those of you attending the rally, check your email.  I have sent out a couple of rally updates that talk about services available at the rallies and also included a link to pay your rally fees.  If you have any questions, or didn't receive the emails, let me know.

event.png