Volvo Gen I dash cluster repair

bags

I finally got a recommendation on a shop to repair my dash cluster. Come to find out the  eeprom (memory) was corrupt and they need to reprogram it. Their usual dash repair is 750.00 how ever this reprograming I am told is very time consuming and the charge was 1500.0. OUCH! But at least my dash cluster now works and all data was restored. They had to remove the onboard diagnostics LCD and replaced it with filler panel. It has not worked in the 11 years we have owned the truck. 

They will honor their time line but they are behind. They said 10 days and that is what it took. One warranty.

D&D Instruments 612-378-1224 https://ddinstruments.com/

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

On 9/5/2023 at 5:54 PM, bags said:

I finally got a recommendation on a shop to repair my dash cluster. Come to find out the  eeprom (memory) was corrupt and they need to reprogram it. Their usual dash repair is 750.00 how ever this reprograming I am told is very time consuming and the charge was 1500.0. OUCH! But at least my dash cluster now works and all data was restored. They had to remove the onboard diagnostics LCD and replaced it with filler panel. It has not worked in the 11 years we have owned the truck. 

They will honor their time line but they are behind. They said 10 days and that is what it took. One warranty.

D&D Instruments 612-378-1224 https://ddinstruments.com/

What wasn't working before it was fixed? I have a Gen 1 as well. My LCD panel has never worked either. I had some gauges and lights that didn't work. I took it to a place in Ozark, MO who got everything but the LCD panel working again and it has stayed working for 3 years now. 

Edited by mike5511

16 hours ago, JGWALES said:

Its funny the price differance between 1500 and 90 . Once i had a flat tire on our car. Took it in the shop . I was quoted 11.00 to fix ,but wheni returned they wanted 65.00  they said there was rust on the wheel and they had to clean it to repair the flat tire. 

That's why I wondered what all wasn't working on his. They quoted me a flat rate to re-solder/repair the gauge connections and replace all the lights. My fuel gauge didn't work and one other, can't remember which one and several lights were out. They put all new lights in the cluster. They were in Ozark, MO, but it looks like they've moved Marshfield, MO, now. https://www.automotivecircuitsolutions.com/

Edited by mike5511