Old Goat's corner. Mini project

phoenix2013

That is a monster.  Is it an Econoline? Two years ago Deb and I stripped one to bare metal, moved the jack forward, built in a storage box, added spare tire holder, painted with some two part epoxy and then topped with full two-inch white oak.  Mine is only a tandem axle.K2izC4pl.jpg%20dhPf1Myl.jpg3sGkL3Pl.jpg

Edited by NeverEasy

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

Oh, the fun working on "work" trailers. 

Before retirement, we had a 25 ton rated tandem lowboy, aka drop deck, that needed a new floor/  20' of wood deck, 8' of tread plate in the rear, and no bed over the truck axles.  We had sycamore sawn to 2 1/2" x 12".  Cut all the boards to length and painted them with used engine oil.  Of course we did this in December, and got light snow and freezing rain in the middle of the project.  Susan worked under the trailer, laying on cardboard to stay dry-ish.  We eventually got it done, and sold it a week later.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

This started as fifth wheel work trailer pulled by a semi with air over hydraulic shoe brakes (12 of them). Front was cut off and replaced with a pintle ring to be pulled by pickup and rewired for electric over hydraulic, that's where I come in.  Huge outriggers were added front and back, they pull out several feet out. The frame up front will house a massive winch. At the moment it will work twice per year, to pull out of the water (fall) and put in the water (spring) a tour boat on lake Sunapee  https://sunapeecruises.com/ The ice doesn't break on that lake till mid April.

Edited by phoenix2013