Dealer rip-off?? What do you think?

Opus

I'm having an extended argument with an RV dealer about a warranty repair for my black tank.  I dumped the day before I took the unit in, yet the dealer insists that it was completely full. They are charging me $160, their one-hour rate, for dumping the tank. I was adamant that the tank had been dumped and asked that the tech take a cell phone video of the dump process.  The link to the video is below.

What I need is simple:  In your opinion does the video show a full, 49-gallon black tank being dumped?

https://youtu.be/4fT9gqPtsKg

Thanks!!

2001 Volvo 610 Autoshift

2007 Teton Frontier

SKP #85000

See our pics at http://community.webshots.com/user/rlsmith...vhost=community

That did not look like black tank water but gray tank. So they are charging you to dump it and took the video  "after" they dumped and charged you saying it was full. ???

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

That dump water looks way too clean to even be a grey tank dump . I saw nothing but water ... no floaters or any sign of paper .

Seems to me they put some water in the grey tank and filmed dumping that . 

I'd be letting them know that they will be able to read a current negative review on any or all of the following :

Where can I write a review about a company?

• Google Business Profile (formerly Google My Business)
  • Facebook Page reviews.
  • Angi (formerly Angie's List)
  • Better Business Bureau.
  • ConsumerAffairs.

Goes around , comes around .

I forgot the final kick in the pants:

I was charged an hour’s labor for the video.

Allowing additional a few additional seconds for pulling out the cell phone and recording, it works out to $19,000 per hour.

2001 Volvo 610 Autoshift

2007 Teton Frontier

SKP #85000

See our pics at http://community.webshots.com/user/rlsmith...vhost=community

So the way I see this is you can pay their outrageous $160 and get the RV back or you can fight with them over it and let storage charges accrue. I think I would pay the $160 then go after them. I would think a warranty clam with a $160 dump charge to the manufacturer woud definitly raise some eye brows. They're just trying to get some $$$out of you. They should be submitting it with the claim anyways as labor.

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

7 hours ago, Ranger Smith said:

So the way I see this is you can pay their outrageous $160 and get the RV back or you can fight with them over it and let storage charges accrue. I think I would pay the $160 then go after them. I would think a warranty clam with a $160 dump charge to the manufacturer woud definitly raise some eye brows. They're just trying to get some $$$out of you. They should be submitting it with the claim anyways as labor.

I agree. Small claims court is a viable option, and the publicity would certainly be a factor. All he has to do is present proof the tanks were empty when he dropped-off the trailer at the dealers.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961