Garmin dezl Watch

lappir

Has anyone tried this? I have a Citizen Dive watch that I really like, but every two years it has to go in for a $150 to $200 dollar battery change and service in addition to the $600+ I paid for it many years ago. I've replaced it twice, once for being stupid and putting it in an attached bag to a suitcase checked with an Airline. (Attached bag never made it to the destination and since I didn't put a tag on it no responsibility by airline). Second time I thought I could just change the battery at a Kiosk in the Shopping Mall (Remember Shopping Malls?). Seal didn't work, got wet and when I finally sent it in it was said to be unrepairable. They did give me a discount on a replacement Citizen, but I hated it. Found my third replacement a few years ago (I guess two since I sent it in a month ago for the battery service and it's still not back yet.)They did say it's in good shape and should be done soon. 

I first saw the watch in Hawaii in 1990 and really wanted one. Too expensive there and I was spending most of the money I made on the Islands. Did find one in South Florida and made the purchase in the late 1990's. Probably had the first one for 9 years, second one for just a few because of the leak issue and without one for many years until one of my friends suggested looking on eBay. Sure enough found one in New condition and it even had the yellow Air Tank like the first one I saw in Hawaii. I haven't needed it since I sent it in, but I do miss it. 

Have looked at the dezl every time I get an email from Garmin that they are having a sale. It's $399 right now and I'm really tempted. I'll use it every time I drive or when the Citizen is being serviced. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xWPk4YDGW2a3dCHP9

Only had a side view of the band really, if the link even works. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

7 hours ago, Chalkie said:

Amazon has them for less at $349 just FYI.

Thanks for the FYI, but I do not send Amazon any of my money. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.