Looking for an alternative to Lippert's almost $100 switch

The switch is part of our rigs Level Up system.  It is used to raise and lower the front hydraulic jacks.  The old switch, operated momentary in both directions, is labeled YIS DC 12V 16A (Made in Taiwan) and has 6-pins (though only 4 wires leave it). Unfortunately it does not function at all so I am unable to determine it's operation with my ohm meter.  As pointed out only 4 wires are connected to the system with the red and blue split and landing on 2 switch pins.  This switch failed a couple years back and my attempt then to replace it with a 4-pin momentary while on the road did not work so I have used the Level Up main panel for the front jacks ever since.

Why now?  The Level Up panel is showing a "External Sensor" error (another request for help topic I will soon post) leaving me unable to use the main panel as I was.

Later,

J

Edited by KodiakJack
typo

2012 Landmark, San Antonio

2013 Silverado CC, 3500HD, Duramax, DRW, 4x4

Backup, side and hitch cameras, Tireminder TPMS

• KodiakJack changed the title to Looking for an alternative to Lippert's almost $100 switch

Go to any local auto parts store. Buy yourself a common Double Pole/ Double Throw momentary switch, rated for at least as much as the original switch. DC motors reverse by swapping the power/ground wires. 2 of the wires will go to the motor, the other 2 are 12v in, and ground. Connect the new switch as the old, rest easy.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

• 3 weeks later...

Jack, for future needs, DigiKey electronics carries about everything.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961