Dr

Pete Moberg

My aftermarket reverse camera is malfunctioning on my 2014 Leisure Travel Van. I have tried two different replacement cameras on the rear of the coach with no results. I checked fuses and wiring and had a repair shop replace the coach batteries. The stabilizer jacks won’t operate, unless the generator is running. This extra power boost does not help the reverse camera, though. All I can see is a black screen and the guides. The panel below the head unit seems to be okay, except the rear camera view switch won’t work. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated and helpful. 

I would expect that your leveling jacks are 12V powered, as all of them that I have experience with were. Do other 12V appliances or the interior lights work without the generator running? Does your coach battery charge when you are driving? Do you have a volt/ohm meter that you can use to troubleshoot? It sounds like the camera is not getting power. Can you tell if the monitor is powering up? The backup camera probably gets it's power from the chassis battery and the alternator, as most of them are wired that way. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI