Global Entry program and Mail Service Address

pattic777

We are planning some international travel and in the process of completing application for the Global Entry Program.

When it asks for address, it specifically says, "Note:The address you provide must be a physical address. PO Box, APO, FPO, and DPO are not allowed."

Our address is the mail forwarding service in Livingston, TX. It *looks* like a physical address. Other places in the application process indicate that we need to bring proof that it *is* our address such as our driver's license (which is our mail forwarding service address), mortgage bills, rent bills, utility bills -- we don't have any of those. We do have cell phone and insurance bills (softcopy but have the Livingston address so we could print them out).

I'm just wondering if anyone has successfully applied for a Global Entry id using a Livingston mail forwarding service address... I'd hate to pay the $100 non-refundable application fee just to have it denied.

Appreciate hearing about any experiences!

Patti

Thank you for bringing up this subject! While we do some international travel, it has not been a lot of it and I was completely unaware of the program. Thanks to you, I visited the Homeland Security, Trusted Traveler Programs page and from there visited the Global Entry page. While I plan to investigate all of this further, any advice I give is opinion and not experience. The only related experience that I have had was to renew our passports using the Escapee Livingston address. I have not yet created an account, as needed to look at the application, but what I did read has left me wondering if the use of a mail service might disqualify one from getting the Global Entry approved? I did look through the FAQ and found nothing helpful so let's hope that someone on the forums can help.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks for the response, Kirk... unfortunately, I guess either no one else has tried to apply or they have not seen my question. I think we're going to do without... it would be "nice" to have both the TSA Precheck and the Global Entry, but not worth $100*2 (for both of us) on the chance it might be denied just because we have a mail forwarding service address.

Maybe someone else will respond at some point in the future!

Patti