Travel insurance for health emergency question

Help.  I'm traveling solo now since the loss of my better half.  She was an excellent second seat pilot and I could always count on her.
But now I'm thinking that any emergency situation where I might be incapacitated while traveling could get very expensive, very fast.

I don't full time but I can be on the road for months at a time.
Any suggestions about what kind of appropriate travel insurance would be appreciated.

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

Sorry to see you lost your wife recently, I loss my wife just after 44 years. We had planned a 40 day driving trip to start a month after her death. I couldn't do that that trip but other 7 - 10 trips. I was on Medicare with a supplement. But I wasn't even concerned about those type things. 6 months later I was getting my act together and got Sky-Med for the big medical events to get you back home.  Goods Sam's had a similar plan on a much lower key.

Take care of yourself, eat good meals and you may be cruising the road for many years. My doctor didn't like the fact that I considered a bag of Chocolate covered almonds a meal.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

A fellow camper friend sent me a link to the Good Sam "Travel Assist" - they've got a Cyber Monday 1/2 off deal. Cheap.
I purchased two years. https://travelassist.goodsam.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=[adv:+TA]+[plt:+Google]+[fun:+Performance]+[ini:+Branded]+[str:+PROSP]+[tgt:+Brand]+[bil:+Direct]&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-JacBhC0ARIsAIxybyOZ78S2IPFj_BDH2BHB9XAIGiJHMjGt1ijiFZ-GT9qFMhMZ0JJGyjcaAvsCEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I didn't pay for the "family" plan which would have covered my unfortunate cat.

Yes, I have Medicare and a good supplemental.  I do enjoy boondocking - some remote places at times - and a broken leg or something could be a real problem.  

I don't have any current plans for international travel but in the past have used Generali - never had a medical claim but did have a event cancellation costing $5K and they reimbursed us, no problem.

For now, thank you for the responses and consideration. 

(Insurance - as they say - "if you don't need it, then you've got too much and if you need it, you can't have enough." 

~Rich

10 hours ago, justRich said:

A fellow camper friend sent me a link to the Good Sam "Travel Assist" -

That does seem to be a better plan than most that I have seen and at a reasonable cost. Do you have to be a Good Sam member to buy it? I didn't see anything to indicate that. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, Kirk W said:

That does seem to be a better plan than most that I have seen and at a reasonable cost. Do you have to be a Good Sam member to buy it? I didn't see anything to indicate that. 

Apparently, membership is not required.  I see the charge on my credit card but have not received a confirmation email from them yet.

~Rich