OBD Tester question

oldjohnt

So, I have had a CHEAP OBD tester for years that works for what it is, I want to upgrade BUT CAN NOT FIGURE OUT AN ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION..... .

Say I throw a MISFIRE code on my Ford V10, what testers of the thousands out there IF ANY will show on WHICH CYLINDER the misfire occurs????? ????? ?????

Heres one of thousands on E Bay, would it show ON WHICH CYLINDER a misfire happened? If not any recommendations of one that would ??

Launch Diagnostic Scanner Tool OBD2 Car Code Reader Tester For Ford GM BMW BENZ | eBay

John T

If the tester is correctly interpreting the error code then, yes, the tester will tell you which cylinder. The following is from an automotive testing site:

A P0300 code would indicate a random misfire (probably due to a vacuum leak, open EGR valve, etc.). If the last digit is a number other than zero, it corresponds to the cylinder number that is misfiring. A misfire code P0301, for example, would indicate a misfire problem in cylinder #1. Of course, misfires can be caused by a lot of things. It could be a worn or fouled spark plug, a weak coil, a bad plug wire, a dirty or dead fuel injector, or a loss of compression (burned exhaust valve or leaky head gasket). Further diagnosis is always needed to isolate and identify the root cause.

I have a little OBD tester that uses an app on my phone to read it, and because it is on my phone it also uses the internet to look for the codes.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg