California Oregon Nevada?

ashton23l

Last year my family did a week long trip to fort bragg, we had a blast.  this year we want to do another week long trip but we cant figure out where to!  we live in nevada and want to keep it around the 8 hour mark as traveling with 2 kids under 2 can be rough. full hookups is nice, but boondocking is always an option.  anyone have a great destination to recommend?  just to relax, enjoy the area, scenery and such.  no tow behind so not really mobile once we arrive. 

1 hour ago, ashton23l said:

Last year my family did a week long trip to fort bragg, we had a blast.  this year we want to do another week long trip but we cant figure out where to!  we live in nevada and want to keep it around the 8 hour mark as traveling with 2 kids under 2 can be rough. full hookups is nice, but boondocking is always an option.  anyone have a great destination to recommend?  just to relax, enjoy the area, scenery and such.  no tow behind so not really mobile once we arrive. 

What part of Nevada do you live in...that will help with distances.  Would a state park type place work?

How about Bryce Canyon NP (4 hours, 260 miles from Las Vegas) or Zion NP (3 hours and 160 miles from Vegas)? In case you aren't aware of it both of those parks have shuttle bus tours for free.

Edited by Kirk W
Add information.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Maybe too close?...have you been to The Likely Place in Likely, CA between Susanville and Alturas?  Very nice camp ground, in the middle of a big ranch, lots of trees, biking/hiking paths, lots to offer (from their website): We welcome families with kids and pets.  Our kids playground has swings, a teeter totter, slide, a shallow water play area, and soccer goal with balls.  Fish in our ponds, canoe, kayak and paddleboard - all free! Our 18-hole golf course and driving range is outstanding.   We are family friendly and pet friendly.  Likely Place 

I've been there several times and it's always enjoyable.  They have a small restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch - small store/fuel in Likely but better grocery in Alturas.  

Keep us posted and have a great trip!

6 minutes ago, agesilaus said:

Have you been to Great Basin NP on Hwy 50 at the NV/UT border on the way to Bryce.

Currently that is number 1 on my list! Lower Lehman seems to be my fav. Have a 18 month old and 1 month old so boondocking for a week might be rough but we will see!