Tesla Phone in 2022......Starlink compatible.

Vladimir

At first I thought it was a joke.

It does have a LOT of hype associated with it.  But there are some real handy features like built in solar charging and StarLink connectivity.

Here is an article:  https://gulfnews.com/special-reports/teslas-rumoured-new-model-pi-smartphone-designed-to-work-on-mars-heres-what-we-know--and-dont-know-1.1635947967201?slide=1

And of course, the hyped video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD3HJP5az7g

I have been impressed with StarLink.  I think I just might hold off on buying a new phone until this thing comes out.  Price is suppose to be in the $800 range.

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

Hey thanks for the super helpful reply. I'm not sure how I missed that thread. I haven't quite mastered the search function on here. The Information you shared above is great. I have been reading all you shared here. In this you explained everything very well. Thanks I am going to bookmark this https://www.rvnetwork.com/topic/143507-tesla-phone-in-2022starlink-compatible-results/.

• 2 weeks later...

This actually is a joke..  here's our coverage of it tracking down the source:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/the-starlink-connected-tesla-model-p-pi-smartphone-is-not-real/

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

I am shocked, shocked, totally shocked that you would believe that BIG TECH would lie!!!  Or talk about things that don't exist!!!

I am shocked that after 40 years of vaporware and lies, it appears that the first BIG TECH executive is headed to prison for lying in 2022.

With Musk you never know what is real and what is not... however StarLink....

It works great with wi-fi calling.   I did assume that the phone would require a StarLink system to connect for wi-fi calling. 

Not much different then the capability I have today....A phone that connects to StarLink in native mode, or wi-fi mode in urban areas and ALSO has connections to a cellular network??  I would buy it in a heart beat, even more important if after 30 years I can get rid of Verizon as my cell carrier.

World-wide lots of people would buy the phone and its connection to StarLink to avoid government snooping.  I suspect that is one reason that China has filed a complaint with the UN regarding StarLink.

I don't think Verizon or the other cell carriers have a clue how much their customers hate their companies.

The money is NOT is providing wi-fi services to rural areas.

The only part I believe is the phone.  The rest is just vaporware.

BUT if you can provide cellular phone service in a seamless system world-wide.  I suspect your going to make a pile of money....a very LARGE pile.  

More money than building cars.

PS.  Here is the link to the new StarLink dish at 19 by 12 inches.  That is a small enough for a travel dish for almost everybody.  Once the GeoLink fence is removed that gives anybody cell service throughout the world.  

A friend of mine has bought Android SmartPhones from China at $40 retail.  The profit margin on cell phones is huge.  Just ask Apple.

Musk is too smart of a businessman not to offer a cell phone with the dish.  

Edited by Vladimir

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com