Dometic Penguin AC / furnace wiring

skifast

I have a Dometic Comfort Control Center, 10 button which operates the Atwood propane furnace and a Dometic Penguin Roof AC.  I intend to replace the AC with another product that is self-contained and operation is Bluetooth controlled. So we have some unused wires, 12V +/-, control wires from the thermostat control center and two blue wires going to the furnace. 

The furnace was obviously controlled through the Dometic AC control box. What wires would I connect to get the furnace working with the existing 10 button Dometic control center?

You can use ohm meter to find out. All furnace use is two wires. Beaks circuit only. Put both end together and furnace runs. 

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

9 hours ago, skifast said:

What wires would I connect to get the furnace working with the existing 10 button Dometic control center?

The 2 blue wires are normally from the furnace but to be sure we need to know what model your furnace is in order to check the schematic. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, skifast said:

ohm meter to wires coming from the comfort control center?

There is a plugin your thermostat that as no power and makes continuity when it call's for furnace. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

36 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

There is a plugin your thermostat that as no power and makes continuity when it call's for furnace. 

what I am looking for; does the thermostat send a current to activate a relay to close the furnace wire loop or does the thermostat just close the loop?  

If I am correct, you say "continuity" to close the loop, right

In this case it's just splicing two connections, in the first case it is adding a simple NO SS relay, I think

1 hour ago, skifast said:

what I am looking for; does the thermostat send a current to activate a relay to close the furnace wire loop or does the thermostat just close the loop?

I am not familiar with that specific control but a typical situation is that the thermostat leads from the furnace will run to a control board in the air conditioner and the thermostat does everything through that. The RV furnace typically has 2 blue wires that control the furnace by being open and when the two are connected together it begins the heat process.  If the wires in question go to the furnace they probably are the control but the more common is for the thermostat leads from the furnace to go to a control circuit board in the air conditioner. The key is to determine where the wires you are looking at go.

wiring-schematic.png

Wiring schematic from Atwood 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

49 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

Basically the furnace has 12v to it all the time. They break the ground. That is your two ends. Thermostat just needs to connect the circuit. 

You can verify this by using a jumper to connect the ends. Furnace will come on.