High Pointe convection oven won't heat

Our High Pointe EC028BMR convection oven will not heat.  It runs fine but never gets hot.  The microwave portion also works.  It's just the convection portion that doesn't heat.  It runs and the plate turns but never gets hot at all.  Is there an internal fuse that could be blown?  We checked all the RV fuses and breakers.

Welcome to the forums! Good to have you join us.

I assume that you probably already have the instruction manual that I found online.

The fuse should be located inside the shroud cover, where the cord goes into the microwave. I am unable to find any sort of repair manuals for it. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 1 year later...

Check that the unit is getting enough electricity .

We had a similar thing happen . It was the wall plug . The lower receptacle somehow was not letting full current through , but , the upper one was up to snuff . Likely poor connections inside . 

Goes around , comes around .

Here are a bunch of YouTubes about that oven:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=High+Pointe+EC028BMR+convection+oven+will+not+heat

Pat and Pete's suggestion may be a fix too if it is the outlet. I keep a cheap outlet tester that can check basics and even check pedestal outlets with an adapter. I go to it first as it is easiest. Then pull out the Multi-meter if that shows nothing. Example:

Fluke is a top instrument maker and their outlet tester is affordable. Example of price:

https://www.amazon.com/Fluke-ST120-Socket-Tester-Audible/dp/B0B3VCZ4XK

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

On 5/8/2023 at 9:36 AM, lawdg said:

Any ideas on what the fix is?

Most models have an internal fuse. It is possible that there is a connection problem of some sort but to know that you need to monitor the voltage across the appliance while it is turned on. I'm guessing that is what Pet means by too little electricity. Do you have a meter to troubleshoot with? 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Let us know how it works out.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, AndrewT said:

Convection oven during pre heat function will not reach the temperature setting and then starts to decline in temperature. Was a solution to this specific issue posted versus just the power fuse blowing ??

My first video shows why the fuse is blowing and what to fix for that.

What make and model convection oven are you trying to diagnose?

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

• 4 months later...

My suggestion may be way off but… my HP oven came with a wire rack that keeps the food up off the turn table. At first I wasn’t using the rack and I couldn’t get the food warm enough. Someone suggested that I use the rack and voila the oven works great. Just a thought as sometimes the simple solution evades us.