Senate Bill 1111: Using a PO Box or Commercial Address for Voter Registration

buckeyefan4

5 hours ago, Zulu said:

Interesting reading. If the majority of Escapee registered voters are republicans than leaves a lot counties across the land, void of republicans so democrats win. No big deal in my book, there is counties all around the states that always one way. Polk county is one and Cook county IL is another.

Personally, I could use my daughter's address but she has moved several times landing a different county each time.. I like the stability of Polk County as my Domicile. My will is filed in Polk county as doing other business with in Livingston is a pleasure.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

• 2 weeks later...

I received the Special Bulleting in email from the Escapees Club that discussed changes to the Texas Election Code and that specifically addressed concerns around SB 1111.  It is reassuring to note that the Polk County Voter Registrar believes it will be "business as usual" for Club members voting and registering to vote despite this new law, and that she has no intention of sending out voter confirmation notices to members of the Escapees.  The explanation of the Voter Confirmation Form and guidance on completing that Form was very useful as well.

I appreciate the prompt response to my questions from the Escapees Club leadership about the potential impacts of this law.

I know I will be more vigilant in watching voting laws that wind through the Texas legislature in the future, and I will be closely watching the lawsuits impacting the interpretation of SB 1111 as they go through the legal process.

Thanks again for the quick replies to these concerns.

2 hours ago, buckeyefan4 said:

Thanks again for the quick replies to these concerns.

And thank you for your diligence and for letting everyone know about the issue. I do believe that in this case it was already being looked into, but Escapees is not a large enough organization to have any full-time lobbyists or statehouse watchers so management is always grateful for assistance in such things from the members. It is also good to contact the business office when you are aware of possible issues that may not have come to the attention of the management. 

Business office phone:  (936) 327-8873       Fax: 936-327-4388

Business office email address: clubbusiness@escapees.com

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI