Tesla To Make Its 1st Texas-Built Test Model Y Next Week, 1 Month Ahead of Giga Berlin

RV_

My son and I are looking to see what the price of our Tesla stock is after the Texas Gigafactory and the Berlin Gigafactory both open to assess our positions. We may just decide to stay here and put in Solar and Tesla Powerwalls for power outages and to have free energy for our cars. Yes I know we have to pay for them. But as Lynn says, we can't take it with us. And our investments are doing quite well. I just wish I could figure out a way to not pay capital gains taxes legally like the rich guys. :o

So Texas starts production next week!!! They beat Berlin.

Excerpt:

"Published 4 days ago

He was also told that as far as production of the Model Y is concerned, Giga Texas is farther along than Giga Berlin by about a month at present time!

“The biggest thing I’d like to talk about today is some breaking news from a trusted onsite source. The source is familiar with the Giga Texas construction as well as some of the other gigafactories, and during that conversation confirmed that Giga Texas in terms of the production of the Model Y is ahead of Giga Berlin probably by about a month or so.

“Expect the first fully produced test Model Y, which will be running operational but not street legal, in the next week here at Giga Texas. And that would include the stampings, the castings, the welding, the painting, the batteries — everything — a full test running prototype. It’s also used for training of the new employees.

“And I also found out that Tesla is convinced that within the next two months, they will have production Model Ys coming out of Giga Texas.”

Amazing Progress & New Design Of The Tesla Model Y

Recently, Tesla held its Q2 2021 earnings call at Giga Texas and CEO Elon Musk touched upon the amazing progress that Giga Texas has made. Elon also mentioned that Tesla would have a new design of the Model Y at both Giga Texas and Giga Berlin.

“You can see the pictures online and see that there’s basically nothing a year ago and this — a large — a mostly complete large factory a year later. So it’s really great work by the Giga Texas team and then also great work in Berlin-Brandenburg with the team there. So we expect to be producing the sort of new design of the Model Y in both factories in limited production later this year. It’s always like it’s not — it’s hard to sort of explain to people who have not been through the agony of a manufacturing ramp, like why can’t you just turn it on and make like 5,000 a week.”

He explained that the made-in-Texas and made-in-Berlin Model Ys would look like the Model Ys Tesla currently makes. However, there are significant manufacturing improvements.

“So, let’s see, the Model Y in Texas — made in Texas and Berlin — will be — will look very much like the Model Ys we currently make, but there are substantial improvements in the difficulty of manufacturing. So, for example, the Model Y made here and in Berlin will have a cast front body and a cast rear body, whereas the one in California has cast rear body but not a cast front body.”

Videos, pictures, and much more in the article here:

https://cleantechnica.com/2021/08/02/tesla-to-make-its-1st-texas-built-test-model-y-next-week-1-month-ahead-of-giga-berlin/

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire