Fire Near Yosemite

Zulu

If you're traveling to Yosemite via the West entrance, keep an eye on the River Fire that's between Oakhurst and Mariposa. Currently, it's threatening Highway 41.

The River Fire is about 15 miles from us, and we can see (and smell) the smoke. The fire went from 80 to 9000 acres in a day.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

i live not all that far north of you, but far enough that "this" fire will not reach me. amazing how it stopped right on the county line?  sad this year might be a very bad one for fires, as the heat started early, the lake levels are low, and thanks to our gov, letting thousands out of prison early, there went thousands of valued fire fighters. maybe some will volunteer as free persons?

everybody living in the hills must cut back everything (aka: leave bare dirt only) that might burn 100 feet from there homes and out buildings. i now live in a town so can only cut so much back. and my trees are dieing. (old oak trees), when the heat stops i have to start cutting down a couple, and cutting up others that have already succumbed.