Iowa to North Dakota

lappir

GCIhCLLl.jpgOn my trip to North Dakota I pulled into a rest area and found this truck with a Smart on top. They were set up to stay the night with camp chairs and some interesting Martini fixins that kept the drink cold and a clear cover to prevent any thing else from sharing. 

They were a couple from Pennsylvania on their way to Montana with some more equipment for their home build. They were pulling a triple axle tall trailer that was mostly an open van for hauling things (a 20000# saw mill was in there on this trip. There was a living area at the front and he had a very interesting Utilities set up with all the tanks stacked in one area with lots of access to view and service if needed. 

I inquired if they were Escapees members and they have never heard of the forum. I asked who built their Smart bed and they said it was on the truck when they got is a few years ago. I think I know who built it, but does anyone else want to venture a guess? I know it's a single photo and I was able to walk around it a bit. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

My guess was a Szmyt build too. Henry say's there are a half a dozen of them out there. It had an air bag to tilt. Should have taken more photos, but failed. Maybe they will find the Forum. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.