2021 Winnebago Travato 59GL

iball

My 2022 Travato 59KL (2021 Promaster Chassis) finally arrived. Picked it up today. Winnebago replaced the Uconnect radio/nav unit with a Pioneer radio (no nav). All chassis safety features disabled. Cannot access Uconnect to turn them on or to make other changes (e.g., setting date and clock, turning on daytime running lights, etc.). Mode button provides only two menu items (buzzer and something else irrelevant). Radio doesn't turn off until driver's door is opened. Now communicating with dealer, who is communicating with Winnebago, which claims not to have disabled any of the chassis safety features. Nonsense. So how to set the clock? I had hoped that based on iball's experience above that by the time mine was built Winnebago and Maestro would have figured out the answer. Apparently not. Considering how many Travatos are being shipped with the Pioneer radio-only unit (nothing to brag about), this is and will be a big problem for Winnebago. So unless they provide a way to deal with this (unlikely considering what iball posted on March 16), I will push for removal of the Pioneer and reinstatement of the UConnect Tomtom. Thanks for reading my almost-rant.

I have had my 2022 Travato 59K for a little over a month now.  All of the features worked from day one.  Once I connected by iPhone I did a firmware upgrade and all went smoothly.  Sorry to hear of you issues but I really like the Apple CarPlay features of the Pioneer and one of the reasons I went with the new Travato.  I believe the clock is set off my Bluetooth connected iPhone.

Hope you get these items corrected.

Kristin & John

2022 Winnebago Travato 59K “Ruby”

2021 F350 CC SB 7.3 4:30 “Big Red” (Traded)

2018 Grand Design Reflection 26RL “Tail-wagger”(Traded)

https://rv2travel.blogspot.com/

Thanks, JohnEM38. There is absolutely nothing in any of the documentation (not that there's much of anything for the Pioneer) referring to using the iPhone to update or control anything.

Are you able to make optional selections for daytime running lights? For making the radio turn off when the engine is turned off rather than when the driver side door is opened? Do you get audio and visual alerts for the backup cross traffic feature? etc etc.

As of now the dealer is sharing with Winnebago the long list of things that don't exist (nav system), don't work, or cannot be accessed to set options. The dealer has offered, if Winnebago continues to be unhelpful, to pick up the Travato, try to have his people figure it out, and to get help from a friend who is a Dodge Promaster service center operator. 

What boggles my mind is that Winnebago says it swapped out the Uconnect unit because people complained about the screen being too small. True, the screen was too small for a navigation display, but perfectly fine for the radio/audio functions. So they replace the Uconnect with a larger screen Pioneer that doesn't have a navigation function. Yippee, we get to see the radio/audio information on a bigger screen.

Jim,

Documentation is not the best!  I’ve included a link that I found to be the most helpful

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/NEX/DMH-W4600NEX#manuals

I have updated to the latest firmware 1.31 and most of the features are changed through the radio.  I have not changed any of to features you have mentioned but I have seen them.  I do get the blind spot alerts as well as the backup camera displayed on the radio.   Although my NAV system comes from Apple Maps on my iPhone.  

Edited by JohnEM38

Kristin & John

Thank you, JohnEM38. The unit in my Travato is a Pioneer DMH-1500NEX. It's not on the list of units in the update manual you reference. And the screen looks nothing like the screen shots in that manual. I'm wondering if Winnebago could not get one of the nicer Pionner units and slapped in a low-cost substitute. No wonder others are raving about their Pioneer unit and I'm wondering what all the happiness is about, because what I have is about low-end as a radio can get in this day and age. I thank you because now I have more information to share with the dealer so he has more to ask Winnebago when he speaks with them, presumably tomorrow.

2 hours ago, JimTrav said:

Thank you, JohnEM38. The unit in my Travato is a Pioneer DMH-1500NEX. It's not on the list of units in the update manual you reference. And the screen looks nothing like the screen shots in that manual. I'm wondering if Winnebago could not get one of the nicer Pionner units and slapped in a low-cost substitute. No wonder others are raving about their Pioneer unit and I'm wondering what all the happiness is about, because what I have is about low-end as a radio can get in this day and age. I thank you because now I have more information to share with the dealer so he has more to ask Winnebago when he speaks with them, presumably tomorrow.

Sorry Jim, I miss the model number.  Mine is the Pioneer DMH-W4600NEX

Edited by JohnEM38

Kristin & John

• 2 months later...
On 3/20/2021 at 9:41 PM, iball said:

Looks like it's going to have to go to a Ram dealer as the Crosswind Assistance is AUTOMATIC, cannot be disabled, is not controlled via uConnect, and has never worked in my 2021 Promaster chassis.

Watch them play the "Mommy-Daddy" game with me, saying it's Winnebago's problem and Winnebago saying it's Ram's problem.

Did you get this fixed?  I am looking at purchasing from private seller tomorrow afternoon.