Headlight upgrade...

trimster

My truck had a really messed up passengers side headlight. Previous owner drove through a sand storm. Ya, sandblasted the plastic lens. And they dropped the turn signal bulb into the housing so it's totally destroyed the turn signal lens from the inside. Time for a new headlight assembly.

Purchased one off ebay. Knockoff. About $140 with bulbs. Matches the aftermarket driver side. It's a nicely built unit.

I then purchased HID H11 replacement system with canbus correction so it won't trigger the truck computer. 5000k color temp.  This is for the projector low beams. Installed without a hitch. The power supply even fits inside the housing and mounts with really good 3M 2 sided tape (not provided). I like the 5000k color temp. Not to blue but white'er than halogen.

Then purchased LEDs 9005 bulbs for the high beams. Actually I ended up with H11s, then got the adapter to convert to 9005. I specifically got the ones with LED elements on all 4 sides. Light pattern off the bulb is more like the stock bulbs. These are 5000k color temp as well. The LEDs have a fan on the back for cooling and this fits nicely inside the housing with the cover in place. There's about 3/4" clearance from the back of the fan and the cover. Enough to move air. But then, the High beams are typically not on that long anyway.

Then I replaced the turn signal bulbs with these LEDs. Spendy'er than most but they are well built and bright.

https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-Amber-Bright-Lights-Contains/dp/B01CO1FQV0/ref=zg_bs_15730301_13?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=8V6HCV7EDD14JH20F9PH&th=1

So the result... WAY! brighter lighting. The beam pattern is same a stock. I have not personally seen what the SpaceLight units look like at night. But this effort (1x headlight housing, HIDs, LEDs) was under $250. No computer error.

Your mileage may very...of course.

Robert & Lisa
'14 Keystone Fuzion 315 38' 5er

2015 Volvo VNL 670, D13, iShift 'The Tartis' (ours)

2013 Smart Fortwo Passion 'K-9'

2011 CanAm Spyder RT Limited (Ours)

We are both USAF vets.

LbjZhp0l.jpg