Fueling

Nwcid

The rational for using a different checking account to fund TSD is if their is an error or issue with TSD.  By having TSD tied to a different checking account (with fewer dollars in it) limits your liability if TSD makes an charge that you don't want to occur.

Couple things I learned about this pattern

1) Don't have overdraft protection associated with the account; if you do the not wanted charge will go through and you'll get to deal with your bank vs TSD (or what ever service its associated with).

2) Close these accounts when you are done with them.  In my case, I had an old PayPal account that I didn't use anymore, it was a business account so tied to a bank account.  The bank account was disposable, so it had say $20 in it.  The PayPal account had a fraudulent charge for $25 placed against it, PayPal seen it was fraud so they stopped the transfer out of their system but it had already requested the $25 from my bank (they put the $25 into my PayPal online account).  The bank account only had $20 in it (old account, shouldn't need any money right) so it tripped overdraft and gave PayPal the $25.  So now I have a situation where PayPal pulled $25 out of the bank and dropped it into my PayPal account (as they didn't transfer it out) but my bank is hitting me up for the overdraft coverage fee month over month.  I didn't see any of this for several months until I happened to look through a statement.  It isn't the banks fault, they should get the overdraft costs as they did their job.  I hit up PayPal for their mess up (moving money based on a fraud request), absolutely a horrible experience, wouldn't recommend.

2000 volvo 610
2013 cyclone 3950

ontheroad.jpg