Road conditions US-7

Jinx & Wayne

We are heading south from Shelburne, VT this weekend.  Does anyone have recent information about the condition of US-7 from there to Danbury, CT.  We came across US-2 from Maine and there were some pretty rough sections.  I am trying to decide whether to take the shorter US-7 or the longer I-89/I-91 route to I-84.

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

No information to add, but if you pass through Danby, VT (on Rt. 7) wave at my grandparents' old place.  My grandfather owned the Danby Cash Market for many years, though the name is changed now.  Across and south, on the right side, you'll sometimes see hand gliders coming off the mountain.

Spent many a weekend and summer in the red house to the right, and grandpa getting me balsa wood airplanes from the store.  I also learned to ride a bike from the house, down the hill behind the store!  That house and the house even further to the right were built by my father and we lived in it when I was born almost 50 years ago.

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.3494903,-72.9926735,3a,75y,262.37h,86.47t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sApLxbgdhLs6vx9JHmV3ktw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Edited by Will B.
MyRVRadio - Streaming online 24/7 at MyRVRadio.com and via mobile apps! Content for RVers from RVers.   2018 Grand Design Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)
2016 Harley-Davidson Heritage • 2013 Harley Sportster with a sidecar
Web: https://MyRVRadio.com • Facebook: https://fb.com/MyRVRadio  

US7 will be a fairly slow ride. Be aware that you will enter I 84 in a nasty traffic area. Miserable until beyond I 684 exit. I would avoid the 91/84 route. It is not a fun drive. If you do then use 91 to 684 then 84. Avoids Hartford/West Hartford area .

What about moving over to New York and going south towards PA. 

Also US  209 through  the Delaware Water Gap  is a pleasant trip to Stroudsburg, PA.  Then PA 33 south to I 78 or US 222 to York then US 30.

Good luck and safe travels.

Bill

Bill & Lynn Baxter

MCI102A3 Conversion, Detroit Diesel S50  

dolphins.jpgVisitedStatesMap.jpgVisitedProvincesMap.jpg

8 hours ago, Bill w/bus said:

Be aware that you will enter I 84 in a nasty traffic area. Miserable until beyond I 684 exit. I would avoid the 91/84 route. It is not a fun drive. If you do then use 91 to 684 then 84. Avoids Hartford/West Hartford area .

Thanks. You are absolutely right about Hartford/West Hartford being a horror - crummy roads, left exits, poor signage and heavy traffic.  My plan is to take 91 to Meriden and 691 to 84 which should avoid the worst of Hartford. I will probably do it Sunday which helps. I will look at the NY option.

I also agree that the Delaware WG is a nice ride from Matamoras to Stroudsburg.

Do you have any info about the actual pavement conditions on US-7?

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ