Flip up roofs (Solis)

Dos007

Welcome to the Escapee forums!  A bit more information would probably get better responses. I can tell you that if you are considering new units, both Winnebago and Pleasure Way have very good reputations in the RV community. With any RV, a great deal depends on the care and maintenance the RV is given once it has been sold. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks Kirk. We are looking at new 2021 units. Both are made by Winnebago. 

this is our first RV and will be used as a daily driver and for the occasional travel staying in parks and some boondocking. 

my concern with the Solis 59px is the top either leaking or making noise. 

My concern with the Revel is the narrow width. Not much but a thought. 
I had left a message for the vantrekking lifestyle couple because they made a decision between a Travato and a Revel, but they never responded  

I look forward to all of you experienced rv’s offering advice. 

I have no experience with either model but I have owned Winnebago brand RVs and they have been well built. And I have owned a VW Vanagon with a similar pop-top bed and it worked well for our daughter. And I used the VW as my dally driver but it was not a 4-wheel drive model. One thing you need to be aware of is, if the sides of the pop-top are canvas, it will leak if touched when wet. I have also owned RVs built on the Sprinter base and they get fantastic mileage. I suspect the only way to learn about air noise while driving is to take one for a test drive. 

I do wish they used a rectangular table rather than the oval one--how many plates can you put on that oval without them falling off the rounded corners? I would negotiate a better table if i was buying a new one of these.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

2 hours ago, R J 356 said:

My wife and I have just started investigating Rv's to find the best for us.

Welcome to the forums! We will do our best to help you. I am thinking that you are considering one of the Cougar models from the Keystone RV manufacturers? Keystone is a division of Thor Industries, the largest company in the RV manufacturers in operation today. The Cougar line is about mid-price range for the various models built by the Keystone company and they have a reasonably good reputation. I have never owned one but have known several owners of Cougar trailers and most were satisfied with them as long as they understood that this is not a unit in the highest quality market. It is a low to medium priced RV and also low to medium quality. In my opinion, the Cougar does generally meet the needs of the budget minded RV owner, but I would not buy one without first comparing it to similar RVs of other brands as there are many competitors in this price/quality market. As one new to the RV market, you may find it well worth your time to consider joining the RV Consumer Group and take advantage of the educational materials that they supply. 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI